snow days- peter parker

『a/n: just a friendly reminder that my oneshot contest is officially underway! check my announcements/conversations page on my profile for more details ;) sorry this is kind of a long oneshot buuuut ok』

The Avengers compound felt eerily quiet. Not just the typical, quiet in the mornings with the only sound you could hear being the early morning calls of the birds, but strangely quiet. At an hour such as this time, there would be at least three or four of the team members awake but even with Natasha, Wanda, Steve, and Vision up and about, something still felt off.

"Y/N. Y/N!" Peter whisper-shouted into your ear, shaking you awake. "Get up!"

You groaned and threw an arm across your face before sitting up and leaning against the couch from your spot on the floor, wrapped up in several blankets from the sleepover with Shuri and the others from the previous night.

"Whaddayawant..." you mumbled sleepily, rubbing your eyes. "Can I go back to sleep?"

"It's snowing!" He grabbed your hand and quickly led you towards the front door and when you peered out through the peephole you could see that in fact, that there was a thick, white layer of snow blanketed on top of everything and it seemed to almost glow in the light. Snowflakes were gently fluttering down and landing softly on the ground, or getting caught in the pine trees along the way.

Your eyes both widened as you shared a knowing look between one another. Snow in New York wasn't the most common thing, but it was something that you felt you were really lucky to experience, and on those days that it did snow, it snowed a lot.

"Snow day."

Within ten minutes, you'd sprinted back to wake everyone up, although it took more kicking and screaming to shake Bucky awake.

Steve was the one to remind everyone to dress in layers and put their gloves on so that nobody would freeze to death or catch a cold, or get frostbite or hypothermia, and Tony gathered all the snowball-making supplies with Clint and Sam.

You slipped on your boots and slid your beanie on over your head, before buttoning up your thick parka and slipping on your gloves, stepping out the door, and as everyone made their way out to the open fields you could hear the sounds of the snow crunching underneath all your boots.

It had only been a matter of minutes since you'd stepped foot outside, but you could already feel the cold weather beginning to nip at your nose, so you pulled your beanie down past your ears and tugged your earmuffs on for additional warmth.

"Snowball fight's in twenty minutes," Tony cupped his hands over his mouth and shouted. "We'll be picking teams from there on."

"Steve, do you have your shield?" Bucky called to his best friend.

"Yes...why?"

"Sledding!"

"Really, Buck?"

"What? You know you've wanted to try before. And if you did, it was amazing," Bucky shrugged innocently. Steve sighed and went back inside to go get his shield in response.

...

Meanwhile, Sam had pulled out his trusty video camera and began recording the chaotic events of the Avengers playing in the snow.

Thor and Clint were competing against one another in making snow angels, Tony, Bruce, and T'Challa were arguing over who had the better and more 'perfect' snowman, and Natasha and Wanda were holding a small photo shoot with Vision as their photographer for occasional shots.

"Here we have the Winter Soldier in his natural habitat," Sam announced as he flipped the camera around, showing Bucky sliding down the hill and using Steve's shield as a sled. "And here are his companions, forming a cult of some kind."