clueless- steve rogers

request by @billymacher

If Steve Rogers was being completely honest with himself, you were quite intimidating. Despite the fact that you stood at over half a foot shorter than him at 5'5", you carried yourself with unmatchable confidence and a piercing stare that was enough to make anyone caught in its path to feel like they'd been run clean through with a blade. With several hundred kills under your belt, an uncanny ability to fight, and holding the knowledge of how to get opponents begging for their lives on their knees within seconds, nobody wanted to mess with you when you got angry because that was when you could lash out and take someone down in a flash.

This didn't mean you had no weaknesses, however. Everyone knew that the reason why you were so brutal and coldhearted towards your enemies was because of your rough past---but you didn't dare show even the slightest hint of emotion.

That wasn't how you were supposed to act. You weren't supposed to show that you were vulnerable, even in the slightest, because that wasn't who you were.

Still, the team could clearly see that behind the icy, coldhearted persona of yours, and Steve's leadership and qualities of bravery, were good hearts that were willing to love. And although you never admitted it, you felt a soft spot towards him and he could also say the same thing as well. But he never grew the courage to talk to you, as he was too intimidated, which was contrasting to his typical patriotic, Captain America demeanor.

You just couldn't figure him out; he was a difficult man to decipher. There were times that he gazed at you and his eyes would suddenly go dark, and you swore you saw a hint of adoration in them but before you could notice anything else, the look was quickly gone. Other times, he'd simply stare at you with a completely blank expression on his face, and that was when you'd be unable to read him at all.

Were the two of you just friends, just acquaintances? Or was there something more in between all the unspoken conversations and thoughts stuck in your heads?

So for the past two months, Sam, Bucky, and Natasha were determined to push you two together and get you to finally talk to each other. They made it their mission to make the Y/N X Steve ship sail, and weren't going to stop until they reached their goal.

It wasn't exactly that you hated each other, no, you were on good terms and held civil conversations if you did happen to run into the other person while walking around the compound, but it would never last more than a few minutes.

"When are you going to talk to her?" Sam groaned as the four of them sat on the floor around the coffee table playing cards, taking a card from the deck in the middle. "Like, every time you see her pass by, your eyes literally light up like a child on Christmas Day. And I see her look at you every time you look away. Seriously, do something, my god."

"Sam, I'm not childish," the super-soldier rolled his eyes as he rearranged the cards in his hand before placing one down on the table, "and it's really not that big of a deal. Getting over someone isn't that hard."

"But it is, if you're too deep into your feelings," Natasha added, "and unfortunately, Steve, that's the case you're stuck in."

"You should talk to her. When's the last time you've done so today?" Bucky asked.

"This morning, before she went downstairs to train. Why?"

"You're going to talk to her once she's finished sparring with Tony and Clint."

"And why should I?" Steve raised an eyebrow at his friend, "I have more important things to focus on. Superheroes aren't supposed to be concerned about relationships or feelings of any sort, when they have missions of saving thousands of people on their hands."