The assassin was so lost in his own thoughts, that he hadn’t noticed the Duke was speaking to him. It was only after Alec waved one hand in front of his eyes and seeing the worried expression on the other man’s face, Magnus realised that Alec had said his name a few times already.

“Sorry… um, what did you just say?”

“Is everything all right, Magnus?”

“Yeah,... I’m not awake yet. I’m just dysfunctional, before my first coffee,” Magnus explained as he yawned. Seeing Alec’s amused smile, turn into a grin, Magnus could feel his cheeks warming up.

The Duke shook his head and sat down on the bed next to him. Alec had covered his bare torso, now wearing a matching black sweater. Magnus hadn't even noticed that Alec had put it on. Why was he acting like some kind of inexperienced teenager, getting flustered and letting the handsome man affect him like this? He really needed a cup of coffee as soon as possible.

Magnus watched as Alec leaned forward to put on a pair of black socks to complete his all-black outfit, wondering how Alec would look being dressed in the attire of the assassins. Stunning, certainly, just like he is now, he thought.

“We should set more boundaries to our arrangement,” Alec suddenly said as he straightened himself up.

“You want to add more rules to the no sex rule?” Magnus asked, not being able to hide his disappointed tone.

Alec nodded in response to his question, running his fingers through his hair. Fuck. Magnus bit his lower lip, following the movement of Alec’s fingers with his eyes. It should be illegal for Alec to run his fingers through his thick hair like that.

The assassin gulped a few times, suppressing the need to grab the young Duke by his collar and kiss him thoroughly. Instead, he just stared at the tousled mess on the Duke’s head. No, he didn't find that devastatingly sexy, not at all.

“Magnus, I’m starting to worry about you. You keep zoning out. Are you sure you are okay?”

“Sorry… um… yes. I’m back.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” Magnus nodded slowly.

Alec stood up, looking down at him with his arms folded in front of his chest, frowning sceptically.

“What?! Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror?”, Magnus asked incredulously.

The assassin moved to sit upright leaning against the headboard behind him, causing the bed cover to slip down, exposing his naked upper body. Magnus didn’t miss the quiet hiss at Alec’s quick intake of breath, the assassin realized with amusement that he wasn’t the only one affected by the other, confirming the impression he had gotten the previous night, which convinced him he hadn’t dreamed Alec’s reaction to him. Magnus smiled. That made the situation much more interesting.

“So, Alexander,” Magnus began.

“What additional rules would you like to set for us?”

Magnus noticed Alec’s gaze linger on him for a few seconds before he tore his eyes away, he started pacing the room.

“As I’ve already told you, I agree to do whatever it takes to find out who is behind all of this. Since neither of us can find another solution right now and we’re suddenly spending so much time together, we’ll stick to our agreement; meaning, that if we are not alone, doing anything that will convince others into believing we are a couple is permissible.”