"IT HURTS."

Chapter 34

"Emily?" I heard from beside me.

I stirred, beeping filled the vacant air.

I groaned and opened my eyes, they slowly adjusted to the bright light.

"Emily? Are you feeling okay?" My eyes switched to see Justin sitting beside me and a nurse standing above me. She had a clipboard in her hands and was writing down notes.

"I'll give you a few minutes to wake up and become accustomed to your surroundings." The nurse said.

"Help me sit up." I said to Justin. He nodded and tried to help me sit up by putting a pillow behind my back.

He finished and sat back down.

"So it's over." I whispered as I touched my almost flat, vacant stomach.

"We can try again. We can have as many kids as you want. Baby, I promise we can get through this." Justin explained.

My lip quivered." Don't you get it? I have to live with the fact that my first child died inside of me because of me. It's all my fault."

"None of this is your fault. These things happen. Just know that this isn't the end of the world." He explained, he grabbed my hand.

"Yeah well it feels like it..." I muttered to myself.

"Ah Emily, you're awake. How're you feeling?" The doctor asked.

I shrugged." Normal."

"You should be able to leave within the next day or so. As long as everything looks fine." The doctor said, looking over his clipboard.

I nodded, not really caring about what he was saying.

"So do I get to have a funeral for my baby?" I wondered. Justin's eyes widened. He was shocked at my words.

"Ma'm we can figure this out before you go but for right now let's not worry. Let's rest." The doctor spoke.

Tears clouded my eyes. I wiped them away and sniffled.

The doctor left and it was just Justin, me and a thick cloud of tension.

"Are you feeling okay?" Justin whispered. His head in his hands.

"It hurts." I began to sob. Justin quickly shot up from his seat and stood beside the bed.

"What hurts? I'm gonna get the doctor." Justin said frantically.

"Stop." I grabbed his forearm.

"I don't mean that-" I stopped myself, thinking I would sound pathetic."Could I be alone for a few minutes?"

Justin nodded. I gave him somewhat of a smile and laid my head against the stale pillow.

He closed the door behind him and left me with my thoughts.

It hurts both physically and emotionally to lose an angel. All I wanted was to have the perfect family and life and it's all ruined.

It hurts to know that the child I carried for five months is now dead, somewhere in a body bag in the basement of this hospital. I looked to the ceiling and stared at the small white specks carved into each square. I began to count and I felt myself become tired and I quickly fell asleep.

~

I ripped the wires and needles out of my arm and stumbled to stand by myself. I used the items in the room to keep my body up and I began limping towards the bathroom.

One lamp was on and it reflected my image onto the glass window.

I wasn't myself.

"Justin?" He wasn't in the room so I continued to the bathroom.

Suddenly, I heard noises and I noticed the light under the bathroom door. I tried my best to be quiet but my footsteps sounded heavy and my heart was pounding in my ears.

I put my ear to the heavy wooden door and tried my best to listen. I heard...crying?

But it wasn't Justin.

"Shhh. We have to be quiet before we wake mommy." I heard Justin's voice say.

My breath got caught in my throat and I felt tears well up.

I took my chances and I opened the heavy door.

It was like looking at a scene from a horror movie.

I fell to the ground as I studied the sight in front of me.

Justin sat on the floor, bloody. His eyes wide and terrifying. A baby in his hands. Glass was surrounding them.

The baby was covered in blood and all I wanted to do was vomit.

"Justin?" I whispered." What's happening?"

He held up a sharp piece of glass." I'll give myself up if you can keep Sabrina. You can have her. I'll let you have her."

"What're you talking about? You're scaring me." I sobbed.

"I love you." Justin whispered and before I knew it... He slit his throat from ear to ear.

"NO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The baby was wailing and everything started to fade.

"No! How could you!" I yelled." How could you do this?!"

"Emily? Wake up!" Someone was shaking me violently.

I shot up and tried to gasp for air. My face was wet from tears and my hair was attached to my face.

Justin stood beside me with a blank look on his face. I quickly grasped onto him and held on for dear life.

"I love you so much, please don't ever leave me. Please." I sobbed into his chest.

"What happened? Why would I leave you?" He wondered. His expression confused and frantic.

"I-I had a dream. Just promise me like I promised you. Please." I pleaded.

"Baby, I promise. I'm gonna love you forever. I would never leave you." He promised.

I nodded and our lips connected.

I wiped my face and was left with swollen eyelids and wet eyelashes.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Want to go grab some food from the cafeteria?" He wondered.

I sniffled." That would be nice, I need to get out of this room."

He chuckled and grabbed my hand. There was a wheelchair in my room in case of emergencies and we decided we would put it to good use. I sat in it and he wheeled me off towards the cafeteria in search of some bland food.

~

I LOVE WRITING INTENSE CHAPTERS

I LOVED WRITING THE DREAM PART

IM INTO HORROR AND I LOVE WRITING THOSE TYPES OF SCENES

TYSM

:)