STRANGE

Chapter 7

"I was so tired of people asking me what was wrong with me, I learned how to cry with a smile on my face."-William Chapman

~

Emily's p.o.v

"Em?" I heard a voice whisper. I felt myself being woken from a heavy sleep. I swallowed softly and fluttered my eyes open. I heard the sound of a machine beeping.

Where was I?

My eyes shifted around the room until they landed on Justin. I blinked a few times to keep the moisture in my dry eyes.

"W-what happened?" I wondered. I couldn't remember a thing and why I was in this bright room.

"You passed out." Justin brushed a piece of my hair out of my face." You fell and hit your head. The doctor said that you had a slight concussion but, you're fine." Justin finished explaining.

I swallowed to coat my dry throat and cleared my throat before asking Justin to grab me a cup of water from the hallway. He nodded and left for about two seconds and ran straight back in. I sat up and threw the covers off of my body. I was still wearing the same yoga pants and t-shirt I had left the hotel in. I waved him off to help me because after all I wasn't handicapped. I took the small paper cup from his big hand and slowly sipped the room temperature water.

I drank it down to the last drop and left the cup on the bedside table. There was a small wall clock that read: 9:35.

I sighed and rubbed my tired eyes with my fists.

"I wanna go home." I whined. I stood up from the bed and paced the room, waiting for the doctor to somehow stumble inside. I needed to walk around anyways. I felt like I was paralyzed, my legs had fallen asleep for the last few hours I was in here.

"The doctor should be in here soon." Justin spoke softly. I gave him a half smile and nodded.

"Emily?" I heard Justin speak out.

"Yeah?" I wondered what he wanted. I stopped pacing.

"Can you remember why you passed out?" He asked me. I shook my head, trying to rack my brain of the events that had happened earlier today.

"I mean some guy called your name but...I don't know who it was. You passed out after you said my name." He explained. I grabbed my head and realized that I had a major headache and I remembered what had happened. It flashed before my eyes.

"Justin, that guy that I saw....that called my name...was Matt." I whispered in fear. My eyes stayed wide as Justin's mouth formed an 'O' shape.

"I-I didn't allow him to come near you after you fell. I just called an ambulance and we left. I don't know where he went." Justin explained with shock written all over his face. From the look on his face, I could tell he was also somewhat afraid.

Soon enough, the doctor strutted in, interrupting us and told me that I was going to be fine. All I had to do was keep taking aspirin for my headaches but I should be fine otherwise.

I gathered my things and I followed Justin to his car. He opened the passenger door for me and I slowly got inside. After he started the engine, we headed off to my hotel.

We wanted to just be alone.

"Shit!" I heard Justin say under his breath.

"What?" I wondered, a little scared.

"My mom needed me to pick her up from work. I totally forgot. I think she works till ten, maybe we can swing by real quick?" Justin questioned. I shrugged.