SABRINA

Chapter 32

5 months later.

"Justin?" I yelled out.

"Yeah..?" He called back.

"Grab some batteries before you come upstairs for the mobile. I need to get it working." I explained. He never replied in which I assumed he just nodded his head to himself.

I folded the last of the baby clothes and finished hanging other clothes in the small closet. I folded the blankets and set everything to my complete perfection.

The body length mirror reflected my body.

My stomach had grown, I couldn't see my toes even if I tried. My feet were swollen as well as my ankles and my boobs were bigger. Although I didn't mind that.

The doctor had notified me that I would definitely be having a C-section.

I rubbed my belly and felt her kick.

When we found out it was a girl, I almost died.

I am so excited.

We've decided to call her...Sabrina.

I felt it was appropriate and Justin agreed.

So it was set, Sabrina Michelle Bieber.

I smiled at that thought.

"Babe, I got the batteries." Justin smiled as he held the package in the air.

I pecked his cheek and snatched them from him." Thanks."

I grabbed two triple A batteries and stuck them into the mobile. After a few minutes, it started to spin and play a short and playful melody.

"So, are you ready to have this baby?" Justin questioned, running his hand through my hair.

"I'm more than ready. It's been five months too long. I want my baby girl." I exclaimed.

He chuckled.

"Let's go grab some lunch." He suggested. I nodded and followed him down the stairs towards the kitchen where we ate leftover pizza.

~

The next day.

I woke up to rain.

Something within me didn't feel exactly...right.

I sat up and peered at Justin beside me who was still fast asleep.

I removed the covers and hopped out of the bed, My swollen feet hitting the floor with a thump. I walked over to the bathroom and did my business quickly and as quietly as I could but my violent pee stream seemed to almost wake Justin up.

I sighed and rubbed my belly.

I slightly pressed in and tried to feel around to play with Sabrina but nothing was happening. Usually she would move around and have a field day if I poked my tummy.

Maybe she was exhausted...I know I was.

I shrugged and slid on a pair of fuzzy slippers. I quickly made my way to the kitchen and found nothing to eat.

I rolled my eyes and walked straight upstairs again.

"Justin!" I shouted.

I watched as he stirred in his sleep.

"Justin!" I shouted louder.

"Wha-what?" He shot up from his sleep.

"Get up, there's nothing to eat. We're going to get something." I explained, slipping on a pair of pregnancy jeans and a t'shirt.

He nodded and slowly took his time climbing out of the king sized bed.

~

"I want...the pumpkin pancakes, turkey sausages, bacon, and side of sourdough toast." I ordered. The older woman smiled as she turned to Justin.

When she walked away after taking his order, I sipped on my orange juice.

I poked my stomach again and nothing.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Justin?" I said.

"Yeah?" He wondered, as he looked at the dessert menu.

"I feel like there's something wrong." I admitted.

"What? What do you mean?" He said, shoving the menu back in its holder.

"With the baby, I haven't felt her move all day. I'm getting worried. You know when I poke my stomach she usually responds but I've tried a few times and I've gotten nothing." I explained.

"I'm sure you're fine. Calm down, she could just be sleeping or relaxing." He suggested.

"But I don't think-" I started.

"Let's try to be positive." Justin cut me off.

I nodded and twiddled my thumbs in my lap.

~

Later.

"What seems to be the problem?" The doctor asked.

I explained everything to her and she nodded, her expression seeming a bit worried.

"Let's do an ultrasound." She said. I nodded and laid back on the table. I lifted my shirt, my belly exposed to the cold air. She squeezed the gel onto my stomach and turned off the lights.

She turned on the machine and began running the scanner over my stomach.

Usually there was a loud heartbeat but today... I couldn't hear one and that scared me to death.

"What's happening? What's going on?" I questioned frantically.

"I can't find any better way to say this, but-" She was quickly cut off.

"Emily?" Justin said, walking in the room.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, I raised a brow.

"I could ask you the same question. I thought we agreed to calm down and just wait it out." He said.

"You don't understand." I stated.

He stayed silent.

"So Mrs. and Mr. Bieber...it seems as if you're baby-"

To be continued.

~

HEY SO CLIFFHANGER

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN?

:)