Reuniting

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live
-Elton John, your song

Stan took the rest of high school online. He got a job at a small cafe. It's been two years since Stan left and he hasn't talked to Bill since that one day him and Bill texted. Stan just graduated online school a week ago and he got accepted to a college nearby.

Stan was working today and he was the only one working the cafe since it was a small cafe and it didn't take much to run it. There was no one in the cafe yet it was still pretty early. It's only about 8:30 am.

Stan was sitting behind the counter reading The Fault In Our Stars. He's read it at least five times before because it's his favorite book. The end makes him cry every time. He was probably about half way through the book and everything was fine for Hazel and Augustus.

Stan heard the little bell on the door jingle meaning someone walked inside the cafe. Stan looked up from his book and felt his heart drop. The person who had walked into the small cafe is non other than Bill Denbrough.

"Bill?"

"Stan?"

Bill walked up to the counter. Stan was frozen he felt like he couldn't breathe. "How come you never called?" Bill asked with a look of hurt on his face. "I-I couldn't I wanted to so badly" Stan said. "We should catch up sometime" Bill said. "I'm off at one we can meet up somewhere if you want" Stan said and Bill nodded. "Oh—um what do you want to drink?" Stan asked almost forgetting he worked at the cafe. "I'll have a mocha iced coffee" Bill said and Stan nodded. He made the drink and gave it to Bill after he paid. "So where do you want to meet up?" Bill asked and Stan thought for a second. "How about that little diner on 21st street?" Stan suggested. "Yeah ok, do you wanna meet outside here at one?" Bill asked and Stan nodded. "Ok I gotta go but I'll see you in a few hours" Bill said and walked out of the small cafe.

After Stan's shift he walked out of the cafe and waited for Bill. He saw Bill and smiled. He tried to forget Bill over the years  but he just couldn't he loves him so much he's just praying Bill loves him back.

"Let's go" Bill said and they started walking to the diner. Once they got there they sat in a small booth and they were sitting across from each other.

"So how long have you been in New York?" Bill asked. "Ever since I left Derry" Stan said. "How long have you been here?" Stan asked. "Just a couple weeks I'm going to college here" Bill said. "Really? Me too" Stan said and they both smiled. "Which college?" Bill asked. "Columbia" Stan said. "Oh my gosh me too!" Bill said excitedly. "That's awesome" Stan said.

The two ordered their food and kept talking and catching up. There was one thing clawing at Bill's mind. He wants to know what Stan had said he needed to tell him in person.

"So Stan what was that thing that you said had to be said in person?" Bill asked finally after building up enough courage. "Oh I almost forgot about that" Stan lied. The truth is he's been thinking about Bill everyday since he left. "What is it?" Bill asked cautiously. "I don't really know how to say this..." Stan blushed. "But I'm kinda sorta maybe in love with you" Stan said anxiously. Bill was quiet for a few moments and Stan was so scared.

What if he doesn't love me back? What if he hates me now? Stan thought to himself.

Stan was thinking of all the possible ways Bill was about to reject him when Bill said this,

"I love you too"