Support

Memories of a life that's been loved. Took the get well soon cards and stuffed animals. Poured the old ginger beer down the sink. Dad always told me "don't you cry when you're down" but mum there's a tear every time that I blink.
-Ed Sheeran, super market flowers

Stan woke up in the same clothes he fell asleep in. His hair was a mess and his face was tear stained and had more bruises on it from when his dad beat him after he got home from the hospital. Stanley cautiously walked down stairs. He saw his father holding a suitcase. "I'm going on a business trip. I don't know when I'll be back. Don't mess up the house or you know what will happen." Donald said and walked out the door. No "good morning" or "I love you" was said. Stanley looked at the time. He only had half an hour before he had to go to Eddie's house. He ran back to his room and got dressed. He just threw on some leggings and a white over sized sweater. He fixed his hair best he could and rushed out the door and on his bike.

He biked to Eddie's house and knocked on the door. Ms. Kaspbrak answered the door with her sweet smile. (A/N yes I'm making Sonia a good person in this story) "hello Stanley. Eddie is in his room." She said and Stan thanked her and went up to Eddie's room. He opened the door slowly and walked inside the brown haired boy's room. "Hey Sta-woah you look like a piece of shit" Eddie said noticing all the bruises and the tear stains on the curly haired boy's face. Stan just laughed dryly. "What happened?" "I didn't get a lot of sleep last night" Stan said flashing a fake smile trying to show he's ok. His smile must have been pretty good because it seemed to fool Eddie.

After about two hours of the two boys just talking Sonia told Eddie someone was on the phone for him. Eddie went downstairs and answered it. When he came back up he had a big smile on his face. "Richie and Bill want to meet at the diner" he said and Stan nodded. Stan hadn't talked much all day and Eddie didn't push him to. Stan was never very talkative. "When are we going?" Stan asked. "Right now" Eddie said and started putting his shoes on. Stanley stood up from Eddie's bed and put his shoes on as well.

When Eddie and Stan showed up at the diner Richie and Bill weren't there yet so they sat down in an empty booth. Stanley stared out the window lost in his thoughts when he felt someone slide into the booth and sit only a few inches away from him. He looked and saw Bill who smiled. Stan smiled a small but genuine smile back. "Wh-what's up" Bill said to Stan as Richie and Eddie got into their own conversation. Stanley was quiet he looked down and back up at Bill with utter sadness in his eyes. "What happened?" Bill asked concerned. "M-my mom she....she died last night" Stan said as a single tear slipped from his eye. He quickly wiped it trying to make it unnoticeable but Bill saw it. "I'm s-so sorry Stan. Are y-you ok?" Bill asked. "Yeah I'm fine" Stan said and smiled his famous fake smile. Bill loosely wrapped his arm around Stan's shoulders in a way of trying to comfort him. When Bill did this Stan felt his cheeks heat up. The waitress came and took their order. Stan ordered for Bill since Bill hated his stutter. "So Billiam are you ready for football tryouts?" Richie asked. Richie and Bill tried out for football last year but only got on the junior varsity team. This year they're going for the varsity team. "Of c-course." Bill answered. "I almost forgot you two did football" Eddie said. "You're still doing track this year right Eddie? Cause if you not I'm not going to." Stanley said. "Yeah I'm still doing it." Eddie said. Stan has anxiety and is socially awkward at times so he always feels the need to have someone with him. He also hates feeling alone.

The four boys were walking on a trail in the forest. "Look at the blue jays" Stanley said pointing at a tree with two blue jays on a branch. "Stanley we didn't come here to look at silly little birds" Richie said and Stan felt himself close in on himself. "Sorry" he mumbled. Bill hit Richie on the back of the neck. "Hey what was that for?!" Richie said and Bill just rolled his eyes.

"Hey Eddie can I spend the night at you're house tonight?" Stan asked hopefully. "Sorry I'm spending the night at Richie's tonight but maybe you could spend the night at Bill's" Eddie said. "Is that ok Bill?" Stanley asked the taller boy walking next to him. "Y-yeah it'll b-be fun" Bill said and Stan smiled a little bit.