Clubhouse

I'm in the corner watching you kiss her. I'm right over here why can't you see me? And I'm giving it my all but I'm not the guy you're taking home. I keep dancing on my own.
-Calum Scott, dancing on my own

Stanley showed up at the clubhouse at exactly 9:00am. Mike and Ben both had their noses in history books so all they did was say hi when Stan climbed into the underground space. Stanley sat down on the couch the losers dragged in there a few months ago.

Bill and Beverly came into the clubhouse holding hands. Mike and Ben both looked up when the two walked in. "Hey Beverly" Ben said with a warm smile. Stanley felt a twinge of jealousy seeing Bev and Bill holding hands and he didn't know why. Bev and Bill came and sat on the couch. Bill was in the middle of the two. Stanley had brought a backpack that had a few books in it so he was reading one about blue jays his favorite bird. "H-hey Stan" Bill said with a smile. "Hi Bill" Stanley said not looking up from his book. Bill thought it was strange that Stan wouldn't greet him like he usually does. Bill just figured he had a rough day or night. "What's up fuckers" Richie said as he and Eddie came into the clubhouse. "Have you all just been sitting here this whole time?" Richie asked and they all nodded. "Well not anymore we're playing truth or dare. Get in a circle" Richie ordered and the losers did so. Stanley finally looked up and what Bill saw made him infuriated. "Who d-did this to you?" Bill asked. "N-no one" Stan said. "Come over here so we can talk alone" Bill said and grabbed Stan's hand leading him over to the other side of the clubhouse. The contact between the two made Stanley's cheeks heat up and he didn't know why. "S-Stan who did th-this?" Bill asked again. Stanley felt tears come to his eyes as he remembered the night before. "M-my dad" he said just above a whisper. Bill pulled Stan into a tight hug and Stan started crying into his shoulder. The others watched the two and were utterly confused. Bill and Stan walked back over to the group after Stan had calmed down. "What happened?" Beverly whispered to Bill who shook his head and said "nothing".

The losers started sophomore year in a week and this is one of their last hang outs before then. "Alright who wants to go first for truth or dare?" Bev asked. "I'll do it" Mike said. "Ok Mike truth or dare" she asked the dark skinned boy. "Truth" he said confidently. "Do you like anyone?" She asked and he nodded. "Ok Mike ask someone" Ben said. "Bill truth or dare?" He asked. "D-dare" Bill said. Mike smirked "I dare you to kiss Beverly" he said and Bill blushed. Stan just rolled his eyes while everyone else didn't know how to feel. They liked Bill he's a great friend and they like Beverly but there's something about her. Ben was head over heals for her so he didn't seem to notice. Stan had always hated Beverly and she wasn't too fond of him either. "Are you gonna kiss me?" Bev asked looking at Bill. Bill turned to face her and kissed her. She tasted like cigarettes and mint chapstick which isn't a good combination. Bill pulled away and Beverly had a huge smile on her face. Bill smiled back. "R-Richie truth or d-dare" Bill said. "Dare" the boy with coke bottle glasses said immediately. "I dare y-you to t-tell us who you like" Bill said and Richie blushes a deep shade of red. "Eddie" Richie said quietly. "Wait really?!" Eddie asked excitedly. Stan already knew Eddie liked Richie. Eddie and Stan are best friends who tell each other everything because there just certain things they can't tell Bill or Richie. Bill, Stan, Eddie, and Richie are the original losers club so they are the closest out of the seven losers. "Yeah I've liked you for a few months now" Richie said and now Richie and Eddie are both bright red. Stanley smiled seeing his friends so happy. He wishes he could be like that with someone. He looked over at Bill and Beverly who were looking into each other's eyes so lovingly. Stanley longed for someone to look at him like that. Stanley found himself in the corner alone while Richie and Eddie were talking about their relationship status and Ben and Mike were talking about some book again and Bill and Beverly were doing stupid relationship shit. Stan sighed "I think I'm gonna head home" he said getting up. "Why so soon?" Eddie asked. Stan looked around at everyone grouped up and how he wasn't a part of any of the groups. 'Because obviously no one here likes me and everyone would just be better off without me.' Is what he wanted to say but instead he just said "because I'm tired". "Are we still on for tomorrow?" Eddie asked him because they had planned to meet up. "Of course" Stanley said. "Great! Bye Stanley" Eddie waved goodbye to his friend and so did Richie no one else really noticed he had left.