Dear Mom

They took you away on a table. I pace back and forth as you lay still. They pull you in to feel your heart beat. Can you hear me screaming "please don't leave me?" Hold on I still want you. Come back I still need you.
-Chord Overstreet, hold on

Stan's POV

I came home and there is an ambulance in front of my house. They come out with someone on a bed and it's....my mom?! Is that where she disappears to so often? The doctor? Why didn't she tell me? I was lost in my thoughts when my father pushes past me. "Get out of the way" he said in a cruel tone and climbed into the ambulance. I went inside the house and sat on the couch staring blankly at the wall. I hope she's ok.

I don't know when but I fell asleep. I woke up to my father hitting me. He had tears in his eyes. This can't mean something good. I felt him pull me off the couch and keep beating me. It all went by in a flash. When my father was done pummeling me he told me my mother had died because she was sick. I ran up to my room and started sobbing. It's like I can't stop the tears from coming out of my eyes.

I cried and cried. I pulled out a note book and tore out a new page. I wrote a letter to my mom I don't know if she'll ever get it but I hope she does.

Dear Mom,

I miss you so much already. I wish I could just have one more hug from you. You would give me a hug everyday before school remember? And then you would kiss my forehead and tell me to have a good day at school. Remember? I know I always will. I'll never forget you mom. You're one of the only people in my life who could make me smile. I miss you so much mom. Why did you have to go? I still need you. I never even got to say goodbye. Now I'm stuck with dad and I know it's going to get worse without you here. I hope you're ok wherever you are. I hope you're proud of me. Can you see me right now? Are you watching over me like a guardian angel? You always were an angel. Now you really are one. I love you so much mom.

Your son, Stanley Uris