Back to normal

Please help me god
I feel so alone
I'm just a kid
I can't take it on my own
I've cried so many tears
Yeah
Writing this song
Trying to fit in
Where do I belong?
-Bars and Melody, hopeful

Stan went to school the next day with a genuine smile on his face, not because of El, Will, and the rest of the Byers family, but because Bill is actually talking to him again.

Stan walked into school with El and Will. Today Bill and Bev weren't standing there. It was just Bill. "Hey Bill" Stan said with a bright smile which made Bill smile back. "Hi Stan" Bill said and he could feel El still glaring at him just like she was last night.

Mike and Ben came next. Ben was concerned as to where Beverly was but Bill genuinely didn't know. Mike had saw El yesterday in Mr. R's fifth period class. He thought she was beautiful. "Hey El" he said warmly. "Hi...Mike" El didn't necessarily hate the name Mike but she only liked it on a certain boy. A certain boy she used to date but never wants to again. Mike previously liked Stan but when Stan shot him down they've been distant.

"Hey Stan after school do you wanna hang out after to school?" Bill asked. "Of course Bill" Stan said with a smile. Stan's so happy that Bill is actually making an effort to hang out with him.

The first bell rang and Stan went to class with Will. The class period went quick and Stan had second period with El and Mike.

Mike was walking behind Stan and El, slightly eavesdropping. "You have to be careful. I do not want you to get hurt but Bill. Again." El said. "He won't hurt me" Stan said and El gave him a look saying you really believe that? Stan shook it off. "Really El, I have faith in him. He won't do anything to me" Stan said. "What if he hurts you and you still have feelings for him?" El asked. Mike's eyes went wide in shock. Stan likes Bill? Mike thought I have to tell Bev.

At lunch Mike kept on giving Stan weird looks. Stan tried to shake it off but it was really getting to him. "So Beverly is out of town for the week" Bill said "that's why she's not here" he finished. Bill sat next to Stan.

"So Stan I need to watch my little sister tonight but if you want you can still come over" Bill offered. "That's time by me" Stan said with a smile. Mike narrowed his eyes at Stan in Bill from across the table. Bill didn't seem to notice but Stan did. Stan just ignored Mike, or at least tried to. Bill could tell Stan was getting uneasy. "Hey are you ok?" Bill asked Stan who only nodded in response.

The rest of the day went by pretty quick. Stan met Stan outside Mrs. Case's classroom. Stan smiled he didn't expect Bill to do that. "Let's go" Bill said pulling out his car keys.

The two got into Bill's old beat up truck. They drove to the elementary school to pick up Bill's little sister,
Olivia. They pick her up and she's crying.

"What happened Liv?" Bill asked. "Jessica Bowers called me a-a dyke" Olivia said crying. "Why would she do that?" Bill asked. "Because me and Samantha were holding hands" she said and looked down in shame. This is where Stan stepped in. "Hey don't feel bad about that. I used to hold hands with my best friend too" Stan said briefly making eye contact with Bill but then looking back at Olivia. "Used to?" she asked "Why don't you still hold hands?" Stan made eye contact with Bill again and then back with Olivia "I don't know Liv but remember you don't have to feel ashamed or anything like that just because you want to hold your best friend's hand" Stan said with a reassuring smile. Olivia smile back and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Thanks Stan the man" she said. Stan and Bill both smiled and Bill drove them to his and Olivia's house.