New roomates?

You can count on me like 1 2 3
I'll be there
- Bruno Mars, count on me

Will had asked Stan if he wanted to come over for dinner and Stan happily said yes since he hasn't really been eating dinner lately.

Stan, Will, and El walked in the house and Joyce was making dinner in the kitchen. "Hey guys how was school?" Joyce asked thinking it was just El and Will. "It was good" El said with a bright smile as she took her shoes off and put them neatly by the door. Stan and Will did the same.

"Guess what mom" Will said excitedly. "What?" Joyce asked as the three walked to the kitchen not looking up from where she was making food. "Remember Stan?" Will asked as they stood in front of her. Stan could feel his anxiety rising in the back of his throat. He was never good with these types of things. Joyce looked up gasped. "I completely forgot you live in Maine" she said with a smile. Stan smiled back and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Are you staying for dinner?" Joyce asked. "If it's ok with you" Stan said hopefully. "Of course it's ok with me" she said with a warm smile. "Thank you so much Ms. Byers" Stan said. "Oh call me Joyce please" Joyce said and Stan nodded.

"Let's go watch something while mom makes dinner" Will said and the three went to the living and sat on the couch. They watched some random tv show that was on at the moment. "Kids come eat!" Joyce said once she finished setting up the table. We all sat down and Will's older brother Jonathan came out of his room. Jonathan saw Stan and smiled. "You're Will's old friend right?" he asked and Stan nodded. "How's it going it's been so long" Jonathan said as he sat down. "Not much I mean there was this thing a few years back but that's not important" Stan said with a dry laugh. Will and El laughed slightly too remembering their previous conversation at the diner.

We ate and conversed just laughing and catching up. "So how's everything been going with your family?" Joyce asked. Stan got really quiet. "My mom she..she died a few weeks ago and my dad...well he left" Stan said quietly looking down. "Ohh Stan I'm so sorry" Joyce said regretting asking him the question in the first place. "Have you been living alone?" El asked. Stan nodded. "Why don't you stay here?" Joyce asked. Stan looked up "Are you sure?" Stan asked. "Of course, you can stay in the guest bedroom" Joyce said with a warm smile. Stan smiled wide. "I will go with you to help you pack" El said and they got up to go to Stan's house across the street.

They go to his house and pack a few bags. When they walk out of the house they see Bill. "Hey" Bill waved and El gave him a dirty look after hearing what he and Bev did to Stan. "Hi Bill" Stan smiled and so did Bill after he looked past El's death stare. "Come on Stan we have to go home" El said still glaring at Bill. "Home?" Bill asked confused. "Yeah I'm living with them for now" Stan said looking down ashamed. Bill gave him a hug immediately understanding what happened. El was still glaring but Stan felt butterflies soaring through his stomach. Stan pulled away and smiled. "I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow" Stan said. And Bill had a guilty look on his face Stan didn't see but El did. "See ya" Bill said and El and Stan went back to the Byers' house.