Worst. Monday. Ever.

Strangers rushin' past
Just tryna get home, but you were the only safe haven that I've ever known
Hits me at full speed, feel like I can't breathe
And nobody knows this pain inside of me
My world is crumbling, I should never have let you go
-Freya Ridings, lost without you

Bill walked in Monday morning a little later than usual. All of his friends were already there including El and Will. El had tears streaming down her face. "I d-don't know where he w-went" El said shakily. "What happened?" Bill asked. "Stan's gone" Eddie said and Bill felt his whole world turn upside down. "H-he left these for you guys" El said and handed Eddie, Bill, and Richie a letter.

Eddie's and Richie's said:

  Dear Eddie/Richie,
I'm sorry for leaving without saying good bye. You have been one of the best friends I could ever have. It will be better without me I swear. Don't come looking for me, please.
               Sincerely Stanley Uris

Eddie started crying a little bit and Richie was also close to tears.

Bill's letter said:

Dear Bill,
I'm sorry. I didn't want to leave so soon, especially without saying goodbye. I'm going to miss you so much. I need to tell you something, but I can't say it over a letter. I have to say it in person. I don't know when we will see each other again, but please don't come looking for me. It will probably be better without me anyway.
                    Sincerely Stanley Uris

Bill folded the letter and put it back into the envelope. He had a few tears pricking his eyes but he wiped them away. The bell rang and they all went to class.

Bill was having trouble all day trying to keep his emotions away. At lunch Bill sat at a different table than he usually sat at. He sat at the table Stan, Richie, Eddie, El and Will would sometimes sit at. Bill put his head down on the table and couldn't stop the tears from flowing. Eddie and Richie sat on both sides of Bill with Eddie on the left and Richie on the right. Eddie rubbed circles on Bill's back in a comforting way. "Are you ok?" Richie asked carefully. "I-I don't know" Bill sobbed out. Bill finally calmed down enough to lift his head. He wiped his eyes. "S-sorry guys" Bill said sadly. "It's ok Bill. Maybe you should try texting him, he won't answer us" Eddie said. Bill nodded.

That night Bill decided to text Stan.

Bill💙: Hey

Stanley💚: Hi

Bill💙: where are you???

Stanley💚: I said don't look for me

Bill💙: I never said I was

Bill💙: but what you said in the letter about needing to tell me something...

Bill💙: what was it?

Stanley💚: I told you it has to be said in person

Bill💙: that's not fair

Stanley💚: what's not fair?

Bill💙: you told me not to look for you but then you say you have something to tell me but it has to be said in person, there's nothing fair about that

Stanley💚: you're right and I'm sorry

Bill💙: when can I see you again?

Stanley💚: I don't know I need some time

Bill💙: ok

Bill💙: please don't hesitate to call me when you're ready
Read 10:37 pm

Bill sighed and decided he should get some sleep.