Part 7: The dress

"Hey Saph! I was finding you everywhere", Lilly said while panting.

"Woah what it is? Seems like you ran a marathon?", I chuckled she looked cute that way.

"I was actually finding you to tell you a very important thing so I checked every single place where you can be found but you were here in the rose field", she said.

"Okay I'm listening you seem serious I hope there's no bad news", I said.

"Sit here and now listen, after three days there's going to be a royal ball at palace and everyone is invited. I'm definitely going and you're DEFINITELY going with me", she seemed so excited.

"I can't I haven't even asked father's permission I can't go like this. He's out of city for a week and I can't go besides I don't have any dress to wear", I told her.

"Look there's no such big deal. Everyone is going mostly girls it'll be kind of girlish event I heard and your father will never know and if he gets to know it's still ok because it's just a ball and we'll see about the dress thing. Just say yes please", she said while making the most innocent face of the world.

"Um ok if you say so", I said still not sure about my decision and she hugged me so tight.

"So come with me now we are going to do the dress thing since we have less time and a lot of work to do".

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MAMA! Where are you?", Lilly called her mother while entering her house.

"Just wait a sec honey I'll be there", she said from upstairs.

"So what's your plan?", I asked her.

She ignored my question and keep on drawing something on paper. She seemed very serious and focused which was very unusual to see her like this.

It has been one hour already and she was busy drawing something and wasn't even showing me. Thankfully her mother came, she was probably fixing the tap.

"So what's up?", her mother asked while drying her hands with towel.

"I also don't know she's just so involved in drawing and not even showing or telling me anything. We'll have to wait until it gets finished", I told her.

Lilly's mother Maria was a very kind hearted woman she was so sweet I never felt the emptiness of mother's love because she never let me feel down.

She asked me about how the strawberry fields are she listened everything I said so keenly and took interest in it. It was never boring to talk to her she was my more friend than Lilly.

Finally Lilly got up and looked at me with some hidden excitement I knew something is fishy because whenever she did it, she did something very horrible.

She jumped between me and Maria and showed us the drawing.
She have been sketching the design of dresses for so long.

No doubt they were beautiful. It was a simple yet unique design I never knew she could draw so good and her little head could get so good ideas.

"So guys here's the designs. Mom I need some clothes, laces, net, beads, threads and sewing machine", she said.

Here comes the trouble!

"Lilly darling you don't know how to sew I can arrange the other things but that can be risky to handover you things", Maria said.

"We don't have any other options mom. All the tailors are already occupied since ball is after three days", she said.

"Okay then we'll do the team work", they both said a 'yes' in excitement and I also faked it but I still doubted them.

After two hours Lilly's house was a mess. Maria's friend ran a clothing business and imported the finest silk and other clothes so she went there and asked her for a favour but she told that due to the ball all the clothes have been sold some torn and tainted pieces were left so she gave them to Maria.

Now we were having a pile of torn pieces, cuttings and some old clothes. Lilly clapped her hand and jumped with excitement she often did it when she was excited.

She gathered all the pieces and asked me to choose my favourite color ones and I did. She then separated the pile into two, one for her and one for me.

She then instructed Maria where to sew which piece while I was given the work or embroidery it was a little confusing at first but we had a book and then it became easy. Thank god we had another day too or else my eyesight would be gone by tomorrow.

The whole night didn't like this Lilly also joined me at embroidery. After the hard work of whole night two dresses were ready now only the embroidered part was to be sewed on it.

We slept at dawn because we were dying with headache.
When we woke up late at morning what we say next to us was a surprise.

"Is it real or I'm seeing a dream?", Lilly said rubbing her eyes to make sure she's not dreaming. I gasped at the incredible sight of our dresses beautiful hanging in front of us. I guess Maria woke up early and did the leftover part.

It was so beautiful and elegant I've never seen such a pretty dress before I bet no one could say that it was made with torn and leftover clothes and sewed not by any famous tailor.

Now we were ready for the party!

How's the story going so far?
Sorry for interrupting again but I'll love to know your thoughts.

You can DM me and I'll reply plus leave a comment too.

Qotd: do you like parties? Are you introvert or extrovert?

Enjoy :)