Book One: Chapter 10

John's head was burning as he opened his eyes. He tried to rise on the bed, but metal braces were on his arms and legs, keeping him down.

All he could do was lift his head. He was inside the medical bay, aboard the Undertaker. Standing over him were Alexis and Kara.

"Take it easy, John," said Alexis.

John shook the bracers on his arms. "What's going on? Why am I restrained here?"

"You're a werewolf," said Kara.

"A what?"

"You transformed when the demon's construct attacked us," Alexis explained. "You are here so we can all be safe."

John shook his head. "This can't be right! Why don't I remember anything?"

"Probably your first transformation," said Kara. "When I went feral one time, I couldn't remember who I killed. But you didn't hurt anyone."

"Can you remember how you got infected?" Alexis asked.

John looked down at himself. "I don't know. None of the werebitches bit me. I was cautious."

"Did you have sex?"

John beamed his eyes at Alexis. "What?"

"Don't be a baby," said Kara. "Just tell us."

John sighed. "Yes..... I screwed one prostitute at the brothel. She transformed while she was on me. She almost got me, but I took her out quickly. That was it."

Alexis rubbed her chin. "I see. That is how you got infected."

"Really?"

"The werewolf can either bite or sexually transfer their curse into their victims. If you brought a condom, that wouldn't have happened."

Kara laughed. "I can't believe you fucked a werewolf!'

John glared at her. "Well..... How the hell was I supposed to know?"

"Oh John, you think too much with your cock."

"I thought we are over this!"

Kara crossed her arms and turned away. "Kiss my ass, furry."

John rolled his eyes. "So what will happen to me?"

Alexis rubbed her forehead. "You know what happens. If an agent becomes a monster, they have to be brought in. The fleet is on their way and the director knows you are infected."

"What about the demon? Did you get him?"

Alexis and Kara stared at each other, frowning. John could tell their answer wasn't good.

"After you went unconscious, he got away," said Alexis.

"He boarded another ship and took off before we could reach him," said Kara. "But I left a tracker on him so we can find him."

John still tried to move. The braces were too tight. "Can you please let me go? I won't turn!"

Alexis and Kara stared at each other again, and then Alexis pushed a button beneath the bed. The braces opened, letting John rise.

He rubbed his wrists. "Thank you."

"We still have to bring you in," said Alexis.

"No, listen to me. We have to stop that son of a bitch first."

"We can track him after we-"

"Damnit! Listen to me!" John felt the tip of his teeth turned sharp, but he ignored them. "He said he will end the galaxy, remember that?"

The girls nodded their heads.

"Then we have to find him now before he does it."

"But you will risk our team if you come with us," said Alexis. "We don't know if you can control your wolf form."

"But I didn't attack any of you, right?"

Alexis didn't reply.

"Come on, girls. I am your commander. You are supposed to obey me."

"Not when you are a monster who can eat us," said Alexis.

"So are you."

"I'm a space witch."

"Well, the SPD still assigned you to my team, and they didn't give you any shit."

"We still have our humanity. You might still have yours, but you could still lose it."

"Losing that elder demon will be worst. If you turn me in, we might lose him for good."

"The SPD can handle him, and they can treat you."

"What if they can't? You know what they will do if I transform again. If you care about me, you know we have to focus on the mission."

Kara turned to Alexis. "He is right. Demons make bigger messes if we let them go. We should listen to him."

"Has your blood left your brain?" Alexis asked. "The director will have our heads if we don't turn him in."

"You know they will put him down if we do. Do you want him to die?"

Alexis opened her mouth until the speaker clicked.

"The SPD fleet is here," Lena's voice announced. "The director is sending us a channel."

Alexis sighed. "Alright! We will meet you in the cockpit."

She approached the counter and picked up a metal collar. Then she walked to John and placed the collar around his neck.

"What is this for?" John complained.

"For your own good." Alexis held up the remote. "If you turn, I will tazer your ass till you shit your pants up."

John raised an eyebrow. "So you're in charge now?"

"Just think of me as your watchdog."

John chuckled. "I like that."

"Me too," said Kara with a big grin.

Alexis rolled her eyes and walked out of the medical bay. John and Kara followed her out next.

At the center of the ship, they walked down a short corridor with doors that lead to different quarters. The team has their own rooms and their own bathrooms. At the back was the engine room, which was easy to access in case something wrong happens to the ship.

They entered the cockpit which was as big as a bedroom. A large bubble window was in front, revealing the open space and the atmosphere of Zenus. Far ahead, four large spaceships appeared. They must be the SPD fleet.

Zena was sitting at her flight panel. She turned around to face the team. "Oh, hey. How are you feeling, John?"

"Better now," he said. "The director is calling us?"

"Yes, he is."

"Then let me talk to him. He's going to get pissed when he listens to me."