Chapter 9 "Howloween"

Start from the beginning

I immediately went to answer the door, and Jack bolted inside guarding the door trying to not look suspicious. I looked at him amused and rolled my eyes at him. Katie looked at him amused and crossed her arms over her chest. "What are you doing, dork?"

"Why is she here!?" Jack shouted.

Katie smirked. "I'm making sure your friends here don't chicken out. It's a full moon after all" she said before she walked towards the door. "Are you hiding him in there?" she asked as she tried to open the door.

Jack quickly put his hand on the door and slammed it shut. "I wouldn't go in there if I were you!"

I laughed at him and his lack of subtly. "Why don't you finish carving your pumpkin?" I suggested.

Jack sighed and opened the door, which Katie tried to sneak a peek inside only to see Emily drawing on her pumpkin. Cerberus kept barking until Randall growled at him. His ears pointed back and lowered himself to the ground in submission. Jack quietly went to finish his design, and Randall helped Emily with cutting.

I had just sat a couple glasses on the coffee table and a big pitcher of iced tea before I slowly sat down onto Randall's giant chair while holding my gravid belly reminding them on the situation. "I know that you all and Jack has been trying to figure out what Randall is..." I said calmly while I poured myself a glass.

"We know what he is..." David said.

I continued to rub my belly as I looked at them sternly. "He's really a good wolf when you get to know him" I said before I looked down at my belly. "He gave me all these babies after all. He's a very protective father...a great one" I told them proudly.

Katie glanced over at her two brothers and shook her head. "See? I told you that it wasn't a good to start drama up with a werewolf!" she told them.

They all glared at her, but I laughed. "I thought I'd teach you a thing or two about werewolves before you get wrapped up with hunters"

"Where is he?" David asked.

"He's in the garage making Jack-o-lanterns with Jack and Emily" I said nonchalantly as I sat my glass down calmly.

"You put your kids out in the garage alone with a werewolf during a full moon!?" David shouted.

"I told you didn't I? He's a very protective father. Since I'm his mate, Jack and Emily are a part of his pack. He is still him during the full moon..." I explained.

"Wait? You mean his mind doesn't turn bestial?" David shrieked.

"Well, um, his mind was bestial to begin with. He's adapted to society...they are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. Believe me, I've been with him for almost a whole year" I explained to them. I may have exaggerated how long I have been with him, but I felt I was with him long enough to notice a few insights.

"What happened in the park? Who was that guy that Randall fucked up?" Sam asked.

"Sam!? Really?" Katie shouted.

"It's okay" I said lowly. I let out a heavy sigh as I reached over to take a sip from my tea. "That man was Jack's father. He was trying to kidnap him" I told him.

Something bugged Katie with my explanation. "Jack's father? Isn't he Emily's father too?" she asked.

I sat my glass down calmly and closed my eyes trying to hold back my tears. I could only hold this back for so long. I was not expecting to talk about this a second time today. "No...Her father is dead. They are still trying to solve his murder...I mean they call it a disappearance" I spoke lowly.