Chapter 6 "The Truth behind the Experimental Forest"

Beginne am Anfang

I think we were going to the lake, but we were cutting across all the campsites. Did I forget to mention that all the men there were scary and big. Well, they were not nearly as monstrous as Randall was, but still, even some of the mothers looked like you would not want to mess with either. The teenagers were out in their own crowd wrestling each other on the beach and being even more rough and rowdy than the kids were. They seemed to be imitating most of what they did. I do not know why they would like to act like such savage animals.

I did not have any place to escape to, but I did not feel like I fit in with any of them. That was when this kid around my age came over and looked at me closely as if judging me. He had just gotten from conversing with a few of his cousins/siblings? I don't know the relation they all had.

He smirked and flashed his fang/tooth? "Heya, My name is Terry! I saw you come in with Randall" he said.

"Why are you talking to him? He's the reason why we can't have any real fun here!" One of the younger kids said.

Terry looked back over at them with a smirk. "Didn't they tell us how to show him how to have fun?"

"I'm going to tell mom that you're being stupid again!" a little girl told him.

Terry growled at her like a dog would. "I didn't do anything, Zoe!"

I did not know what they were talking about. "What do you mean? How is he being stupid? You weren't thinking about sneaking over to the Experimental Forest...were you?"

"Well there's an idea" Terry said evilly.

"We can't go over there...not with them!" Zoe protested.

"What's so special about that forest anyway?" I interrupted the two.

"Heheh, since you're not from around here, and you're family, I guess we're going to have to tell you about what the Government has been hiding in that forest" Terry told us. The teenagers stopped their antics and looked towards us as if called upon. Though they kept their distance, Terry went on. "You see back over there they keep humans out...well...only if you have a badge. There are some truly terrifying creatures living in that forest. OSU has a lab somewhere in that forest. They cover up stuff so no one will know!" Terry explained.

The teens came over and grabbed Terry by the head giving him a noogie and pestering him. "There isn't anything special about that forest. My uncle, just has a heck of an imagination. Don't you?" one of them asked. Terry winced at how roughly he was being treated.

"Well, what do they do over there?" I pushed them. "Wait...you're his nephew? How does that work?"

"Yup! Get this. Our dad is Terry and Zoe's brother. Our Grandpa Bernie is the brother to Randall's mom. I think that makes you two our...what are they like second cousins? Randall's our First cousin once removed?" he asked. They all shrugged their shoulders.

"I dunno...I don't keep track. All I know is that Grandpa Bernie side of family is on one side of the lake, and Auntie Connie side of the family is on this side. I would be more worried about one of the family members getting up a midnight for a late night snack instead of that forest" his sister said.

"There's a lot of us that do that...don't we?" one of them mentioned offhandedly with a snicker.

"Yea, I mean if there were anything top secret going on...wouldn't they have a fence and barbed wire?" Another one asked.

"Well...there's this lake, and then there's the mountains. It would be kind of hard to put in a fence right? And what did you all mean by we would ruin the fun here?" I asked them.

They all looked at each other, and the five teenagers laughed. "If you survive the night, then we might reconsider our opinion. We all know your mother dragged you two along here...This isn't a place for your kind" their leader said before one of the cousins jabbed him in the back with her elbow.