.An Old "Friend".

Start from the beginning

I don't even think she's eating, hard to tell when all of her hoodies drape her body like an oversized blanket. She just seems...depressed, was ghost fighting and monster hunting starting to mess with her?

Was she possessed-the look, the look in her eyes! I put down my book and looked up, when she came out of the shrubs her eyes were different. There's no way to be sure, I didn't have a phone on me so there was no chance to record what I saw. Setting the book down I made my way downstairs and outside in search for clues.

Didn't Stan set up cameras at some point? Thing is he's a professional con-man, so finding his hidden cameras will take me forever. The door creaks open before shutting, Pacifica walked out wearing a fresh outfit which was borrowed of course. She came over with a sad expression, I asked what was bothering her.

"She won't stop avoiding me Dipper." She said, skipping a rock on the dry ground, "This is all my fault, if I haven't left her in there I could've-"

"You know just as much as I do that it wasn't your fault, it never will be." I sighed, Pacificas been blaming herself for Mabel's outburst. "Besides I might have a clue on whose fault it actually is."

Furrowing her brows and widening her eyes angrily Pacifica hopped off the porch. She helped by searching through the bushes while I looked around for the cameras, eventually three were found. Holding it up to Pacifica, which only provoked a raised brow in questioning manner.

"A camera? Didn't know you were that invested in monsters hunting." There was a hint of sass in her tone.

"Yes. There was this look in Mabel's eye, it-it happened when I tried to come close to you and my Mom-"

"Did it look like Bill's eye!?" At the mention of Bill's name I turned to look at her quizzically and challenged her question.

"You saw it too?"

"Just seconds after she passed out on the ground, Mabel's eyes flashed yellow and then they went back to normal-w..where are you going?" I'm not gonna sit around waiting for answers, I need to help my sister out, it's either now or never.

Ignoring the cameras and running upstairs, speeding through the halls until I came across my room. I rummage through my messy bed sheets where I find the journal. Taking it into my jacket and tucking it in and going past Pacifica who waited confused at the bottom step.

"Let's go, we're getting answers; even if it's from the source, I'm not gonna sit around." Readjusting my hat placing it firmly back on my head I start for the forest, a pair of footsteps follow behind me.
********

"Ew what did I just step in? Know what don't tell me, I rather not know." Pacifica hurried away from whatever she stepped on, I rolled my eyes.

"You've been on monster hunts with me and Mabel before, this isn't your first time being out here." She picked off a leaf that landed on her head, then perked up again shaking her hand disgustedly. "Yeah but that doesn't mean I was enjoying this stuff." A giant leaf from the trees slapped her in the face, almost causing her to trip.

"Oh my god I-ugh. What the hell shouldn't there be a path?" I stopped and turned to her, pinching the bridge of my nose snickering.

"Oh my apologies, may I remind you that this isn't a park?" She snarked, pointing out her index finger that had acrylics. "Oh bite me Dipper, you practically live out here. Consider making a pathwaaayyyy-", her words were cut off by the ground; she tripped on something, and it was what I was looking for.

The statue was stationary, covered in moss and the occasional cracks that chipped a piece of ancient stone off its form. Bill Cipher's statue. The outstretched hand offered a deal that could bring wishes anyone human or animal, or monster could desire.

The journal was opened and set to the page, scribbles of foreign chants cover the page. Even with its own warning in all caps: 'DO NOT SUMMON AT ALL COST' and 'CAN'T BE TRUSTED'. I read over the chant, making sure that I have it memorized.

"Him? He's your solution?" She looked at the journal as Pacifica threw her arms into the air, "You have like, so lost your mind."

"Well how else are we supposed to help Mabel?" I questioned. "We don't know what conditions she's in, Mabel could be possessed by a spirit or Bill. Heck, we don't even know if she's been eating anything."

I kept pressing on, I miss the old Mabel, the old Mabel who didn't switch moods the second anyone approaches her. The one who smiled and dropped glitter trails wherever she went and loved her pet Waddles, including her friends and family.

"Now she pushes away everyone including you, so if you know an even more efficient way to help then be my guest." Pacifica stayed quiet looking at the ground, she looked up and solemnly nodded.

Retrieving candles from a bag I surround them next to Bill's stone prison, and light them one by one. The chants memorized I instruct Pacifica to stand back, this'll either be a mistake. Or the craziest but helpful solution for us..

"Triangulum, Entangulum..."

"...Veneforis Dominus ventium..."

Veneforis venetisarium!"

Published On: 2/28/20