.Back To Old Ways.

NARRATOR'S P.O.V👓
"Anyways." Gideon smiled, looking over his shoulder once more. A silent Dipper, leaning against the door frame, watching his conversation. "I was thinking you and I could hang out, you know, a simple dinner and a trip to the fair?" He smirked, fixing his suit while giving a kind eye towards Mabel.

"Of course, I think that's a great idea." She let out a small laugh, lightly punching his arm. Dipper quietly fumed by the old couch, dusting it off with a small duster. Gideon has been visiting the shack every few weeks, the family trust him now after he helped defeat Bill.

But there was still something suspicious about him, he refused the offer of getting his memory wiped. Claiming he forgot 'some' parts of the phrase, every visit Dipper keeps close to him. Watching every inch of movement he makes, to prove a point that he's up to no good as he did in the past.

The two shared a few words before Gideon parted ways with Mabel. Then started walking down the path, back into the town.
********

The day slowly faded to a dark blue fade, stars trickled the sky like paint splatters, where the moon shined a light to the town below. The peaceful quite lingered with distant singing from owls and the tuneful howling from the wolves.

Gideon arrived at the shack, wearing the same clothes as before, raising his small arms to the door. Then proceeded to knock.

MABEL'S P.O.V🌠
"I'll be back later!" I called from downstairs, adjusting my shirt as I walked past Stan and his brother. Who was talking to Dipper about the journal, Grunkle Stan moved his head towards me and said goodbye.

Dipper and great uncle ford only waved their hands, muttering something barely audible. Outside I find Gideon, behind him was his new car. He still uses his skateboard, but that only seats one person.

"So Gideon, where do you plan on taking me for dinner?" Starting a conversation was no problem, as he focused away from the ground and spoke.

"You remember the Aquatic Restaurant? Because that's where I plan on taking ya."
I felt myself falter on the inside, I've only been to that place ounce, when Gideon was convincing me to like him. I forgot about that and I forgave him, but it never hurts to go back.

Besides I never really got to try the actual food, only Mozzarella Sticks appetizers. The car ride over there was pretty normal, we shared laughs and joked around, eventually we got to the entrance.

Right where we stood I could smell the barrier of pine and oak, up against the fresh food within the marble pillars. Gideon's hand guides me inside, the waiter takes us to our seat, where we begin to order our meals. I ordered a Shrimp Alfredo while Gideon got crabs with a side of fries.

We sat from across each other, just like before. Our conversation from the car continued into the place. It's booths were surrounded with white smooth paint, matching the silk curtains that stayed in place.

Marble pillars towered me and run to the top of the roof, where 2 golden tridents cross one another from below the pillars.
********

"Don't tell me your full Gleeful, I didn't know you could eat so much. For your size of course."I smiled, the guy ate 2 plates of the meal he had. I didn't pay for any of it, he beat me to the receipt and I had it for a split second.

But his magician hands made it for my sides and began to tickle the life out of me. He turned his head from the road ahead, making a silly face before going back to the road and changing his expression.

"Magicians have their ways, my dear." Purring the last 2 words. Weird, we arrived at the fair and got off, it was barely 8:31 and it was already dark. I stared in awe as the lights from the tall rides glowed in the dark.

I could hear the mixing of the music blend with each other. I felt shaking on the side of my body, but the lights were attracting me away.

"Mabel!" Gideon called from my side, he scared me a little, so I jumped from the sudden scare.

"Come on now, it's not gonna stay open for too long~" The rest of the day was going nicely, I was enjoying every ride that I came across. Some of the rides were scary, throwing in a few pop up monsters into the ride and they had me on edge.

Gideon seemed scared too, so he'd wrap an around my neck to keep me from fear. He became touchy, he held me when I'm scared but now he holds my waist, almost like a hug. Whispering words of soothing remarks like it's ok and I'm here, I smelt danger.

Somehow he convinced me to walk, overly touchy as we walked in the forest, his idea by the way. For sure we were lost as hell, but he insisted that we kept moving forward.

"Uhh Gideon, we're not lost are we? We've been taking turns and straights and gotten nowhere." He didn't say a word, merely chuckled and grabbed my hand. Tightly.
**********

NARRATOR'S P.O.V👓
Deep within the forest it was quiet, then pounding footsteps crushed the leaves and twigs. As if the hooves from a gang of horses were running, almost galloping. Mabel's breath hitched and started to wheeze, silencing her exhaustion with her arm.

Which leaked the remedied concoction that oozed from her lips, to knock her out cold. His curses grew louder and stronger as he too followed behind Mabel, yielding an empty bottle.

Dripping with green fluid with his clenched fingers. Mabel jumped over every rock and small hills she could see, every step made a sound and not one keeping her silent. She was caught for sure, as a hill came closer she saw that she couldn't get up, turned her back and started into the darkness.

Mabel's head darted in different directions, the footsteps behind her became sickly quite. Nothing more than her breathing, until a crunching sound from her right, she felt woozy.

The crunching turned to rustling, the brunette fell to her knees and vision became a blur. As a weak and numb hand gathered the rest of her strength, chucked a rock towards the bush.

A whimper, almost like a puppy in a way, faded back away, the last thing she could hear. Growling, before whatever chased her, leap towards with an open jaw. Displaying rows of piercing fangs and soulless eyes.

Published On: 5/16/19