.I Mean, It's Not Her Fault.

Slightly Angst (Not Really)
—————————

PACIFICA'S P.O.V🦙
I felt warmth on my face, my eyes shutter slightly and I opened them slowly. The sun was greeting me awake, it's rays hit me softly, almost like my mother did when I was younger.

She'd always woke me up with the warmth of her hand. I remembered last night's pain and my body came to reality, a pain on my right eye. Grunting as I closed it and looked to the clock on my bedside drawer, it read 6:12 AM.

After a bit of retaliation, I got up, limping to the bathroom and getting a good look at myself in the mirror.

The bruises were obviously visible, making the bold move and went downstairs. I didn't care, the house was bare and they weren't in their rooms, they must be out still.

The black eye could be masked by my purple makeup, fixing myself a small snack and tossing it into the microwave. Since our loss of richness and popularity, I've been teaching myself how to do things on my own.

Being independent is my goal, a new interest. At least the only one that never failed me...
***********

NARRATOR'S P.O.V👓
There was a knock at her door, Pacifica raised her head from the pillow and paused her series on the Tv.

"Pacifica dear, can you open the door please?" Her mother called from the other side of the door. Pacifica hoisted herself out of bed as she reached for the door knob, but paused, panic sets into her, realizing her bruises were out in the open eye.

"Give me a minute." She replied, quickly walking to the bathroom and grabbing her signature purple make-up from the counter stand. A final look at the mirror to confirm that all the bruises have been covered, she turns back out and walks to the door and opens it. Wrapping the robe around her and going to the door.

"Good morning Pacifica, sorry that we've been out for too long, can you please get dressed before 3:20?" Priscilla smiles down at her daughter, dressed in her expensive dress from last night's events.

"The Pines family is inviting us to lunch" Preston finished off, stopping to get a good look at Pacifica before starting up again. "They'll be arriving in our limo, they're taking us to a casual restaurant so dress comfortably."

"Sure dad, can you tell our butler to sit Mabel and Dipper in the back with me?" They nodded their heads and turned down the hall, leaving Pacifica to close the door behind her. She gets to eat with the Pines twins, the only people who don't hate her guts and push her or the family around.

A goofy smile came to Pacifica's face, she hadn't seen them in 2 weeks, they're always working with their uncle. With that thought, she made her way to her walk-in closet and threw off her robe.
*************

"Hey Pacifica, have you ever been to Hoo-Ha Owl's!?" The brunette smiled widely, getting close to the blonde, they've been ordered to go outside and do something while the adults talk. Pacifica laughed, she's heard of the place before, but never thought of going inside.

"Of course not, I'm a Northwest, my parents would've never let me go even remotely close to the building." Smiling playfully, placing her hand on her chest as if she was offended by Mabel's question.

The twin grabbed Pacifica's hand and took her down the street down to the pizzeria. The next half hour, the girls ran around, being kids and enjoying themselves.

It hasn't been that long into the fun, the voices. Voices that mutter quietly behind Pacifica's back, she can hear them talking about her. They were judging, Pacifica couldn't handle it, their muffled words reminded her of the mark under her eye. She turns away from Mabel's back and walks outside.

"Pacifica! Wait up." Mabel caught up with her, reaching her arm out to touch Pacifica's shoulder. "Hey, it's ok, is there something bothering you..." her hand held the blonde's shoulder, but she shifted off when she turned around.

"Get away from me, I don't wanna see your face!" She spat, facing away from the store once again walking a small distance before she heard footsteps behind her. The words of those who watched her, almost took control of her feelings and emotions.

"Didn't I tell you to get away freak?"
****************

PACIFICA'S P.O.V🦙
I haven't seen her since that day, my parents constantly knocked on my door, hoping that I would let them in. They're not gonna see me like this, painful thoughts grow the strength of daily headaches.

Mabel, she looked so hurt, she reminded me of myself, I mean, it wasn't her fault that I'm sad. Crying until I fell asleep, clenching the fabric that was meant to be worn as a sweater. I traced the llama with my index finger, falling into the trance of sweet dreams.

Published On: 6/16/19