.The Spirit.

PACIFICA'S P.O.V🦙
I continued walking down the sidewalk,  shortening the distance between the mansion and Mystery Shack on foot. I could've called the butler for a small favor, but that would defeat the purpose of his day off. So I chose to walk, it would be a good exercise.

But also because it was really beautiful outside, only this time there were a lot more people outdoors. The oddity of this town made the summer mornings cold, but later on would boil from heat in the afternoon.

Now no longer needing to dress to impress, I could now wear more comfortable clothing. I couldn't remember a day where I didn't almost turn into an icicle from wearing that expensive outfit.

Mind you, had no pockets so I had to constantly hold my phone and remember not to leave it behind. But with a hoodie and ripped light colored jeans, I could safely tuck my phone away.

Plus block out the cold. Now entering the Main Street, I focus myself back to my destination and notice even more people outside. I stopped in front of the hardware store and scanned the crowd, they all looked like they lost something.

A few would peer into the bushy forest while others looked into fliers with a worried look. One of the nearby lamp posts had the similar paper taped to it, tugging it down I brought it closer and my heart dropped. It was a missing person poster, my first guess was a dog or cat had escaped from the owner's home.

But it wasn't a pet this time, it was a person, and to think that it was Mabel on it made me think I was having a nightmare. With bold letters spelling out 'Missing: Mabel Pines, Last seen on Monday, August 12.'

I kept on walking, there's no way that's real, maybe it's a joke. If so where could've she gone. Did they find her, is she alright? My overthinking stopped when I collided with someone else, we both hit the ground. With my height the fall wasn't too bad, I don't know if I could say the same for the other guy.

"Pacifica, what are you doing here?" The familiar voice called from ahead of me, looking up from the ground. Dipper stood above, he out stretched his hand and helped me up. I gave him a brief summary of what I was planning on doing, after I finished, he nodded in agreement.

"How caring of you, but she's missing by the way." Removing his hat to readjust his hair before setting his hat back in its place. Did he not see the people searching around him, or the missing persons signs?

"I'm aware of that genius." I raised the flyer to him, his eyes viewed the contents on it before looking on with a growing worry.

*******Few Hours Before Daylight*****

MABEL'S P.O.V🌠
I wake up in a panting breath, just another random nightmare, last time it was gnomes wanting me to be their queen. I know it's been a while since that event, and that we also put that behind us but still creeps me out.

I get up from the large pillow and rub myself off, feeling slightly energized and not in the mood to sleep. Viewing my surroundings within the abandoned church, I begin to search for the exit. I uncovered some rooms that I didn't get to explore, a bathroom and closet.

Turning one of the many squeaky door knobs I found a bedroom, and inside it contain its usual items. Except they were damaged, the bed was torn to the point of its springs hanging from the sides. The dressers next to both sides of the bed were chipped, laced with the moisture of rain, slowly withering it away.

Opening the sliding doors revealed another closet, a different door then leading to its proper bathroom. Both in poor condition, maybe I can find something to help me. I've never really explored the place since the last time we came here, so there might be something to avail.

Both the master bathroom and closet were clear, getting closer to the dresser and pulling on the loose handle. What I found was not helpful, well in the least of getting home, all I found was a thing that was wrapped in a small cloth. Shoving it into my pocket, I leave the building and step out.

Inside the church was dark, but standing outside it was much easier to see, judging by the colors in the sky. It must've been 4 or 5 in the morning.

NARRATOR'S P.O.V👓
Mabel began her short or possibly long journey back home, seeing as the church didn't provide a map. And the trail leading to the worn out building was completely gone due to the shrubbery. She stood there, kicking the ground that revealed fractions of the trail, this would take me weeks she thought.

Her hands landed on her hips, shifting her weight onto the left side of her foot. Like a lightbulb turning on in her head, she brightened up and ran back into church. Strutting back into the early morning atmosphere, with half of a broken broom in her palm.

She placed the broom where she had left off and began to sweep the trail into view. Minutes went by and the path ended a few feet behind her, she subconsciously tossed the broom into the bushes.

The very same broom she threw brought her back into reality, looking towards the direction of the utensil. She saw how creepy that side of the forest looked, different trees that held a devilish ark to them. Their wood exterior old and chipped, dark leaves dripped sadly and swayed gently with the chilling breeze.

You'd think she would be halfway through the forest and home by now. But the shady area of trees kept her attention captive, arms by her side sat motionless. Within the dark bushes that swallowed the pine trees, something anonymously silent was staring back.

A crack of a twig pulled the brunette out of the stare-like trance. Drawing her attention to the sound emanating from the brush, the creature arose, revealing itself to her.

Mabel at first glance thought it was a wolf, perhaps a lone one. But upon stepping out of the shadows, the wolf had no body, only it's head. A black mane swished in a ghostly manner and angered white eyes stared down.

Within a split second the canine growled, more like roared, and came straight for her. Instinctively, Mabel high-heeled it out of there, daring to turn her back on the monster to run for her life. She felt like the rabbit she chased herself, ducking logs and low branches.

Only getting out with a few measly scratches, but her newfound adrenaline kept her distracted to care about the cuts. Feeling the familiar poking on her top and bottom lip, plus the tingly sensation in her eyes. Exhaustion was getting to her, she felt hazy,  trying to escape was wearing her out so she resorted to Plan B.

Skidding into a stop and turning to face the spirit, crouching down on her hands and feet, flinging herself forward. Much to Mabel's disbelief, she didn't phase through the spirit, instead tackling it to the forest floor. A nasty growl formed in her throat, and flowed through her gritted, pointed canines of her own.

What's this... where is it coming from, she thought momentarily, it's been happening way too often. Mabel drowned in her thoughts, before being promptly nipped and pushed back by the wolf. Her clawed hand touched the bleeding marks on the middle and index finger.

"Oh you're gonna get it!" Mabel snarled, coiling back on her fours and pouncing again to her attacker.

My body hurts, she thought, her slight limp becoming worse than it already was.

Was it from blood lost? Seems like it.

She'd left the monster cowering back into the bushes. Or whatever that thing was, leaving her to faint slowly as Mabel walked away in victory. Wait. Is that..? There's a trail. It has to lead back to Gravity Falls, body d-don't fail... me now
**********

Published On: 8/15/19