.Unwanted Visitor.🎃

————————————

"Guys she's my best friend, besides you already know me, I'm boy-crazy remember. Speaking of Pacifica, are you guys actually giving her a chance?" Their faces went blank and unreadable, sharing a glance at me before looking at one another. Isn't there a quote about how silence speaks a thousand more words than words do itself? Maybe I'm wrong, but the plain silence that fogged the room was making me think otherwise

"Let's just drop this and have fun tonight, but please give her a chance, just please." Together, they nodded quietly, let's just hope they keep their word.

"With that out the way, let's get this sleepover started!"
************

PACIFICA'S P.O.V🦙
I stood still, my hand loosely gripped the iron gate, watching her leave once again, pulling her out from my reach. And I'm right back to square one, alone in the mansion that made my happiness forsaken.

Playing nice was hard enough, holding my forearm as I trekked, worrisome as if my own actions were dangerous. But actually being nice was even harder, I'd rather be a snotty rich girl then throw my trust to people as if they would catch it.

My trust is fragile, a glass heart that sat in my chests core, barbed away from the hands of someone who could easily shatter it if they had the chance. To put it simply, trusting people is new, and so far it's not my cup of tea.

An image flashed my mind, raiding, invading the only thing I had no control over. My thoughts. Her smile clear as day, showed itself to be brighter than the sun, the plague she called her hand-made hoodies, wrapped itself around her.

Why must I think like this? She's a commoner- friend, I mean. Nothing more, nothing...less. I groaned, rubbing my weary eyes to distract the thoughts that sunken and blurred my vision. At the entrance, stood Constantino, one of the few butlers that stayed by our side.

The other two that I had with me almost constantly left with some others, to my family he was an average butler. For me, he was the only person who I sort of considered as a friend.

The friend I always like talking to, since I was a child when he was assigned to me as a babysitter. He was smart, always knew how to cheer and chase away the sorrow. As if your eyes reflected the words that described your mood, he could read them like a novel. The only one who made me see him as more of a father, and not a butler.

"Good evening Pacifica." His porcelain white glove grabbing the rim of the hat, tipping it formally.

"You know, you don't have to be so formative, you're my favorite person after all." He wasn't too tall, but I barely reached his waist even though I had high heels.

"What can I say, it's a force if habit," He stepped aside and open the grand doors, both of us walking into the huge mansion. "And your favorite butler couldn't even get a good evening back? How hurtful of you Señorita Elise." His gentle hand went over his broad chest, strolling away offendedly, I jogged to catch up with his fast speed.

Constantino stopped when I stood ahead of his way, his gaze looked over and past me. He knows I don't go down so easily, I leaped slightly and stood on the tips of my feet. Maneuvering around his waist and giving him a hug, and just like that he cracks. Chuckling filled the no longer empty halls, ruffling my hair before biding me goodnight, and heading his way home.

"Tell your novio I said hello!" I shouted, I'm guessing that means his loved one. In other words, his wife. [Novio: Boyfriend]

"Of course!" Constantino shouts back, closing the door with a soft click. I decided to skip dinner tonight, wasn't really in a hungry mood but more of a sleepy one. After a few lovey-dovey hugs and kisses goodnight, I head up to my room to take the long deserved sleep my body craved.
***************

NARRATOR'S P.O.V👓
The days between a month hazily passed by, it's own fatigue slowed it down on the 30th of October. The final day before Halloween. As time passed, more and more decorations were strung around the houses of those who celebrated the night.

Whisked away by the thrill of wearing a simple costume, for the sum price, of sweet savory candy. This Halloween felt different though, the aware feeling of knowing that those elegant suiters, with a white mask dressed as Slender.

Only knew that the real Slender stalked over them by miles, elongating feet above their heads. Where possibly above clouds, his emotionless face, stodgy from his inexpressibility to smile.

Reached a lanky black suited arm, patting a tender shoulders of kids who's costume look just like him. In other words, the monsters were exhilarated to see what they're monstrous features inspire the kids to make this year.

"Dipper look!!" The brunette fixated his cap and looked to her sisters direction, leaving him and Pacifica behind. Few of the stores that were closed down for unknown reason, were soon replaced by Halloween stores.

Or other stores that are opened for a certain extent of time, this one was called Spirit. One of the most popular Halloween merchandising and costumes place. Mabel sprinted to the closes aisle within her distance and disappearing away, like a skilled magician.

The younger twin and the blonde shared a confused look before passing through the glass frame of the door. The infamous black-coated skeleton, made of cardboard. Hunched over the doorway, it's arm extended to the side, underneath the company's name.

Animatronic monsters stood lifeless in front of their sensitive trigger buttons, on the other side an opening leading to the main store. Swiftly, Pacifica goes to the other side of Dipper, she didn't even think of the jump scares they would have.

"Relax Pacifica, it's a Halloween store, not your haunted mansion." He looked onward, watching Mabel bravely play with one of the fake aesthetic ghouls.

"Screw you." Said Pacifica, sticking out a defying tongue. Denying the almost trueness of the situation, she wasn't really here for a costume. You see, if it wasn't for the relentless begging of Mabel Pines, she would've been at home with the only thing that never failed her. Her pet, who occasionally left her whenever she jumped on the bed but that's a different story.

Flashback
The night was fading elsewhere, the rising sun swallowed every ounce of the dark, in welcoming with the gust of cold air. Pushing itself through the homes of many as the blocked windows prevented them from coming through.

But a half open window made its way into the manor, which sat silently. Sea-foam green blankets wrapped around the young Northwest freezing body, curtains that almost frayed in the wind.

She watched Netflix on her large flatscreen, lounging in her bed comfortably. Her dog laid at the foot of the bed sound asleep, but in retrospect not anymore, it's golden ears perk up with its head and twitched.

"What is it, did you hear something?" A muttered tap came from the window, they became persistent. But then it died down. Before a louder, harder, clank blew more force, and it gave out an agonizing scraping sound coming from the glass.

Published On: 11/9/19