.Same Old Grunckles.

DIPPER'S P.O.V🌲
I arrived back again at Gideon's house, as I was in less of a rush, getting out and walking away from the cart. He sat outside in his normal attire, kneeling down on his pathway fixing the fence gate I broke earlier. Gideon must've noticed me, his eyes dilated in a frighten way.

"N-now what do you want, I already told you I don't know where she's at?" Raising to his feet, though the fact I'm already slightly taller than him.

"Oh I didn't come for that, me and a friend found her on the trail." I stepped closer, causing him to trip over his toolbox and land on the concrete path below. Pulling him up by the collar and slowly giving the rest of my response.

"Care to explain why she was on the trail? Or do I have to make you talk?" I glared quietly.

He told me the events that lead up to where they ended, how he took Mabel to the carnival. That was opened year around, and at one point he lost Mabel.

He found her by a tree, multiple bags of smile dip surrounding her sugar high body. How he tried to help her get home but she just kept on running away from him. Until they landed in the woods, where he lost sight of her again.

"I've been looking for her after she disappeared the first time, but after that I assumed she went home.." he mumbled the last bit quietly, smile dip gave her sugar high but I guess she saw something worse. Without saying anything else to him, I nodded a mild 'thank you' after getting into the cart
************

I arrived home to find the house empty, except for the exception of Grunkle Stan and ford. Who were sleeping in their respective rooms, just then Mabel bursted through the door.

Relieving my worry to see that she didn't leave again, I couldn't see her face but I assumed she's exhausted. Bent forward as she let out quiet, hoarse sounding pants, yeah she must've ran.

"Where'd you run off to?" I tried raising one of my brows, but failed miserably as I lifted both.

"I didn't want Pacifica to walk alone at night, sooo I came along with her." She grinned, slightly bouncing past me and slumping into the couch. I followed shortly after, standing behind the couch and looking down on her.

"Alright, just promise me you won't go walking outside, at least when you're hurt." She yawned in response, stretching out her bandaged arms and nodding her head.

"Yeah yeah, ok. You should probably tell the Grunkles that I'm home now, before they flip the town trying to find me." Good point, I head to the door that leads into the shop, looking back to check on my sister.

As she's not even halfway up the stairs from her slow limp. I roll my eyes and walk towards my uncles, who have gathered around the small counter. They heard Mabel's grand re-entrance, I explained everything to them while my sister, I presume, made it up to her bed.

The alarm's noisy commotion stirred me up at 6:00 in the morning, the usual time we wake up to start cleaning the store before it opens. Throwing the remaining covers off my body, I grab my towel from its hook and close the bathroom door. A few minutes after I come out the shower, drying my hair with one hand while holding my clothes in the other.

I notice a lump on Mabel's bed, the pillow partially subdued under her pink blanket. Is she still asleep? I look over at the time, 6:15 am, she's probably cleaning already, unless... Pulling the covers over the lump, I find Mabel curled up in a... ball?, her head laid on her folded arms.

"Aye wake up, you got a few minutes to shower and help out with the cleaning." I dropped the towel on the ground and shook her arm. Nothing, since when did she become a heavy sleeper and why is she so late?

Mabel always beats me to the shower and sometimes she doesn't, only because she lets me go out first of sympathy. Ok you know what, I grab the sheets underneath her and pull. Landing on the ground with a thump, before raising herself off the ground, oh now she wants to get up.

"Hey, what gives little bro? Am I not allowed to sleep in or what?"

"Not when we have to help out Grunkle Stan and I'm not little." I pointed to the clock once more and she stared at it intently, before her sheer realization came in.

"Shit! Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" Rushing away from me and shutting the bathroom door close, before hearing a muffled "yes you are". But still leaving me speechless nonetheless.
*************

MABEL'S P.O.V🌠
"We've been searching everywhere for you, do you know how much you scared us!?" If you need to know, I'm currently being smothered in hugs. Even though that's what I do to everyone else, so I guess it's a revenge-type of deal.

"Exactly. Who know what kind of encounters you could've faced, we're just glad that Dipper and Pacifica where able to-"

"Who did this to you?" My Grunkle ranted, "Let me find out who did this and kick their a-"

"Stanly! There's kids present." Funny, I thought I was a teenager, but I guess they see me as kids still. I sighed, leaving my grunkles to argue amongst themselves and head to the store. There I find Wendy slouching, leaning on her palm and eyes half shut.

"Sleeping on the job are we?" I smirked, poking her cheek as she sat up and made space for me to sit on the counter.

"With a job this chill, of course I'd be sleeping. Hell, I'll probably be in hibernation like those grizzlies." She has a point, today wasn't so busy, spending time with families and loved ones. Or recovering from the Weirdmageddon.

Everyone now believes in the creatures; with that, means Grunckle Stan can get more money from his own monster creations.

"Yeah they're the lucky ones." We continued talking for the time being, occasionally stopping to help out a customer. But nothing else happened, at least that's what I thought when me and Wendy walked in the house for her lunch break.

——————
A/N-Sorry if it's short, not my best but had to get something out.

Published On: 9/28/19