20| A Sign From Above

Start from the beginning

Then I wouldn't have met professor Yilmaz and wouldn't have known that my father was indeed alive or the fact that I married professor Yilmaz.

Just saying it, made my heart beat faster than usual.

I didn't tell Aisha or anyone regarding that matter that I was married — married to my Professor. Or the fact that I slept with him and that it wasn't just a dream.

"You're talking to him today, and that's that." She said sternly in a low voice so that only I could hear her.

I looked past her and saw the man with the piercing green eyes approach the line and proceed to the back of the line.

It feels strange, being out of our usual environment of his department. His tie is loosened, his posture relaxed, and he seems less like the uptight, strict Professor that he usually is and more like an average customer.

"Come on, Wahaj quit staring and help me."

"B-but.." I tried to pout and put on my best puppy dog eyes. I'm already nervous, and he hasn't even looked at me yet, who knows what would happen if he actually talked to me. Aisha just laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Like that works on me anymore." She teased and turned to face the customer two people ahead of a particular guy that Aisha was currently bugging me about.

I haven't talked to him since I found out that my father is alive, so that means that his story might be real, which means that I doomed myself in an unlovable marriage to a guy I didn't even think I liked.

"Fine." I huffed and stomped over to her side and waited for the order. I tried scowling, but I was never good at keeping an angry face on too long.

"Hi, what can I get you?" I said politely then she scribbled down the order on a cup and passed it to me.

I took the cup and looked down at it with furrowed eyebrows. I never could understand how people could just write down some random letters and magically understand what the order was. I saw Aisha look over at me from the corner of my eye. "Oh sorry, Joje, she would like a tall Caramel Frappuccino." I looked up at her and nodded with a smile then walked over to the coffee machines and began making the drink.

"Tall Carmel Frap for Eman," I called and looked out into the crowd of customers until a raven-haired girl came to take the cup from me.

"Thanks, Wahaj." She said kindly and took a sip.

I looked at her quizzically. "How did she know my name?"

"Seriously, Wahaj? We've met like three times, your aunt's third cousin from her father side? we met in eid in your house,"

"Oh yeah!" I laughed as I faked, remembering her as I was lost when she said third.