Chapter 22

"It's never over. At worst, it's just paused for a moment."― Craig D. Lounsbrough

xxxxxx

They were sitting in the kitchen the next morning. They had managed to find a spell to repair the house. Katherine walked into the room. She was on the phone with Wendy. 'Thanks Wendy, that's great.' She sat at the counter and smiled as Christina gave her a mug of tea. 'See you soon.' She hung up the phone and put it down, her sisters looking at her in anticipation.

'How's he doing?'

'Wendy said he's actually fitting in quite well. Turns out he likes destroying things and working with his hands.'

'How didn't we know about an entire construction firm who only employs demons?' Lauren said from the kitchen table.

'I don't really care. Until they become a problem that is.' Lisa said.

'Wendy vouched for them so they seem okay. I think they're like her, they want normal lives, families.' Katherine said.

'And as long as they stay that way we don't have to do anything.' Christina confirmed.

'So Wendy thinks he's going to be okay?' Dani asked.

'She does.' Katherine confirmed. 'But right now I have to go into school.'

'Not the Suzie thing?' Christina asked.

'Yep. I got a call from the headmaster, Suzie wants to talk but she said she'd only talk to me.'

'That's probably a good thing, she might be getting ready to open up.' Christina said.

'Hang on, what's the Suzie thing?' Lauren asked, everyone else looking equally confused.

'I'll fill you in later.' Katherine waved them off as she left the room.

'Chris?' Lauren pleaded.

'Not my story to tell, sorry.' She held her hands up.

'Oh, Amy, we have a funeral to plan.' Lisa said.

'You remembered Mr Huckley?' Amy looked touched.

'Of course I did, he was almost my brother-in-law after all.' Lisa grinned.

'Not funny.' Amy laughed.

'Come on, I have no client's today so I'm all yours.' Lisa and Amy got up together.

'Did I tell you Mr Huckley's favourite show was Game of Thrones?' Amy saw Lisa's eyes light up.

'That changes everything.' Lisa grabbed her arm and the practically ran from the room.

'What are you guys doing today?' Christina asked her two youngest siblings.

'Well, Jonathan called me.' Lauren said.

'He did! Tell me everything.' Dani crossed her legs on the chair and paid attention.

'He just wants to meet for coffee.'

'Lauren's going on a date!' Dani grinned.

'It's just coffee.' Lauren protested.

'It's a date.' Christina sided with her youngest sister and joined them at the table. 'When and where?'

'Four, at The Local Bean.' Lauren said.

'They have the best coffee, it's so a date.' Dani said.

'Back by ten please.' Christina said.

'Yes mother.' Lauren joked.

'How about you, plans?' Dani asked.

'Noah is taking me out for dinner.' Christina told them.

'I bet you don't have to be home by ten.' Lauren said.

'I'm staying at Noah's.' Christina said. 'We might be back by ten, who knows.'

'Well have fun.' Lauren stood up. 'I need to find something to wear.' She bounced excitedly as she made her way out of the room.

'Dani.' Christina turned to her sister.

'Christina.' Dani mimicked her tone of voice.

'Make sure she's back by ten.'

'Roger that.' Dani smiled. Then Lauren called from the stairs.

'Dani! Are you going to help me or not!'

'I'm coming!' Dani called back. 'Duty calls.' Dani left the table and Christina was alone in the quiet. She got up and went into the hallway, fumbling around in her jacket pocket. She pulled out the bracelet and the swirling colours had settled down. She took it with her up to the attic, pulled open one of the drawers and took out a small wooden box. She lifted the lid and put the bracelet inside, locking it with the key and sealing it with a spell. The powers were safe and sound.

The End.