Eleven: Jin

super long chapter ahead, so get yourself a snack and curl up all comfy 

May 30, 2019
London, England, United Kingdom

"What's going on?" I ask around the hotel room as soon as I enter. My hair is still slightly wet from my shower that was cut short upon the announcement of a meeting.

Min-hee's hand on my arm tightens when Hope and Jungkook's eyes settle on us. Hope's small smile drops and she glares heavily in our direction. It startles me. I'm used to Hope's positivity and kindness, her rushing to hug me, rushing back to either Jungkook's or Hoseok's sides.

But she hasn't really spoken to me since we left Sao Paulo.

"We've been given the list of questions for the interviews tomorrow," Namjoon says, holding up a piece of paper. "It's nothing more than seven for each one. You guys just have to memorize a couple English phrases each, okay?"

I nod and lead Min-hee in the direction of the couch. I expect to sit, until Jungkook sprawls himself out, resting his head in Hope's lap. She sweetly runs her fingers through his hair, neither of them looking up to meet my eyes. I look around to the other members, who also do nothing to help.

"Jungkook, move," I say.

"There are other seats, hyung," he replies.

"Well, you don't need to take up the whole couch with your giraffe legs. Move it, I want to sit on the couch."

"Jinne, Jungkook is tired," Hope tells me. Their annoying attitudes frustrate me and I take a quick deep breath.

"Would you stop being such a bitch already?" Min-hee snaps. "More than just you two can sit on the couch. I'm sure he's tired, isn't he? A relationship is more than just sex and pathetic attempts to communicate, you know. No, wait, I guess you wouldn't."

"Whoah," Namjoon says, standing up to his feet. "I think that's enough." But it doesn't stop there.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Hope stands to her feet as well, allowing Jungkook's head to drop into the cushions. "You step in here, some stranger nobody even knows, and think you can run our lives? News flash, sister, I've been around way longer than you have. Nobody's gonna deal with your prissy bullshit forever."

"I'm not a stranger, I'm Jin's soulmate!" Min-hee flips her short hair over her shoulder and inspects her new nails that shine beautifully from the diamonds covering the tips. Those nails cost me a lot, but she wanted them desperately. As long as it makes her happy.

"I don't know who you think you are talking to me like this. Why don't you kids step out and let the grown ups talk?" Min-hee hisses right into Hope's face. "Hasn't it been about a half hour since you last touched each other? Don't let yourself get out of place. You're nothing more than a dollar store version of me. So go on, have your fun. Soulmates mean nothing when you can't even communicate with each other."

"We don't need to communicate to know we love each other," Hope retorts.

"Oh, right, because love has no boundaries and all that shit. So I was right. You're nothing more than an easy, desperate girl who'll do anything for a rich boy's attention. How do we even know that you're Jungkook's actual soulmate? How do any of us know you haven't just been sucking him dry of his money? You can keep playing your "we love each other" games. Just so you know, love goes beyond bending over  every time a man breathes."

Hope is speechless; everyone is. Mostly because they were arguing too quickly for anyone to be able to understand, but also because of how quickly everything escalated.