Thirty Nine: Ophelia

a/n: i thought the three girls represented our three girls perfectly lol 
double update, so don't forget to read chapter thirty eight first :) 

February 25, 2020 
Seoul, South Korea

1 hour until contact. 

I can't breathe. 

The air in Seoul is colder than anything I've ever felt in San Francisco. The amount of people waddling shoulder to shoulder through the doors of the fan sign venue is overwhelming. Combined with my nerves, my lungs can hardly take in any oxygen. 

Ara waves the fan sign voucher she bought from the box office in the air, her voice shaking with tears as she hugs my frozen form. 

"I'm so glad I asked the office," she whimpers. "They had one! It was meant to be!" 

Rose claps her hands and reaches out to me, placing her gloved hand on my shoulder in comfort. 

"Are you ready?" she asks. 

I shake my head a very sure no. "Are we sure this isn't a dream? Maybe it's a nightmare." 

"It's much colder here than it was at home, huh?" she shivers. "Look, I can see so much of my breath!" She proceeds to blow into the air to prove it to me. 

We take a few small steps toward the door and my stomach leaps again. I clutch the hot coffee in my hand. 

"I'm not ready for this," I say. "Maybe we should wait longer and just take this week to vacation." 

"Ophelia, the fact that we're here right now is proof that you're ready," Ara says surely. "Every time nothing worked out? Every time was leading up to this moment. You've been waiting for the since you got your tattoo, since you found him when you were sixteen. This is the most perfect moment to meet him because it's the moment it's finally happening." 

The line moves again, people actually starting to shuffle in as the doors swing open. My stomach goes on a roller coaster ride and I grip my friend's hands. 

"We're gonna be inside in about ten minutes," Ara squeals. "Are you ready for this?" 

I swallow. They pull me forward when we move again. 

"I'm ready," I say determinedly. 

Ara slaps me on the ass, causing me to jerk and my eyes to widen in shock. "That's my girl." 

"Ara, we're in public," I mumble. 

She shrugs. "You may as well get used to it. Men like the booty." 

I look over at Rose who's biting her lip and nodding as she stares off into space. 

"They do like the booty," she mutters. 

Oh my god. 

who's on the app and who's on a computer??? 

413 words