Ten: Jin

May 27, 2019
Sao Paulo International Airport
Sao Paulo, Brazil

"Is he still not talking to you?"

I look over at Jungkook, sitting a few rows in front of me in the transport bus that takes us to our private terminal. Since Jungkook and I fought after the MetLife final, he's kept quite a distance between the two of us. Thinking about it causes my heart to sink in my chest. 

"Yeah," I say softly.

"You should talk to him," Namjoon suggests. "Before we get to London. These concerts in Brazil were a little lacking in energy."

I sigh and nod lightly in response. I know we need to talk. I know the Brazil ARMYs have to be a little disappointed in our performance; I know I am. We're making history at Wembley in a few days. I want to be able to deliver the perfect performance to be remembered. The concert will be live streamed. Everything needs to be perfect.

We all stand as the bus comes to a stop on the tarmac and grab our bags to start loading onto the jet.

"When will Hope get here?" Jungkook asks one of the managers.

My brows furrow at that. "Hope's coming with us?"

Jungkook's eyes stare at me, empty and emotionless. "Yeah. They asked me if I wanted to bring her since you're bringing Min-hee on the rest of the tour."

I simply nod, unsure of what to say. "That's good."

"Yeah. Who knew all it took for them to respect me and my soulmate was for you to find yours," he says bitterly.

"Alright, Jungkook, get in the plane," Sejin instructs.

"No, everybody else load first," I request. "I want to talk to him for a second."

Jungkook tries and fails to keep from rolling his eyes at me. He drops his giant bag onto the concrete and stands in front of me, hands in his pockets and posture defiant. Oh, this little—

"What, hyung."

"What's going on with you?" I snap. "What the hell did I do to piss you off at me? We're supposed to be a team. Brothers, Jungkook. What the hell's your problem?"

"You wanna know what my problem is?" He takes a step toward me. His height, although equal to mine, intimidates me as he leans over me with a threatening glare piercing through his eyes. "You're my problem. Hyung.

"I'm sick of you thinking you can do whatever you want. The position you hold in this group is important! Did you even stop to think what could've happened as a result of you revealing Min-hee without asking Bang Si-hyuk, or anybody?! They told me, when I asked if I could reveal Hope, that it could destroy the company. K-Net is a mess right now, hyung. The managers have said the company heads considered cancelling tour if your announcement went south. Our popularity in Korea has dropped, just barely, but it's still down."

He heaves for breath as he tries to calm himself after yelling at me. I can see the faces of our team poking out of the jet's windows to watch the scene.

"You're not the only person on the planet, Jin hyung," he says harshly. "You're not the only one who's effected by your decisions."

"I get that, but what did I do to make you mad at me, Jungkook! I know you, and I know it's not just those company things."

He simply stares at me. The smirk on his face is anything but amused.

"How fucking dense are you, old man?"

The disrespect in his tone catches me off guard. I stand in shock as I simply stare at him. I'm speechless, but it doesn't matter; he doesn't let me speak anyway.