Chapter 21

"You're pregnant"

My body went paralyzed. I couldn't move. Everything around me became a distant haze. I couldn't process the words or what was happening around me. Time stood still. 

"No.. no...no... it's not possible .. you're wrong...check again... " my voice breaking up as I croaked through my tears.

"Not possible?... Are you sexually active young lady?"

"I- I- I well- I... I've only done it once" I'm immediately overwhelmed by embarrassment as the words escape my lips. I feel my face heating up, probably from my mothers blazing glares.

God. I Just want to die.

"Well sweetie, once is all it takes.. we ran the test twice already, you're definitely pregnant".

The words ring in my ear, engraving the magnitude of the situation in my head. There's no doubt about it now, I was definately pregnant.

I gather the courage to look at my mother whose eyes are already covered in tears. I can see the disappointment in her eyes.

I dont know what else to do, I reach out to her to hold me. She agrees reluctantly... I lean in closer.

" I'm so sorry" I cried, as I leaned into her arms.

"Oh chewy... how did this happen?" she sighs deeply as she strokes my hair.

I think we've already established how this happened.... it's best not to reiterate

I decide to say nothing and just continue to lay in her arms silently praying she doesn't ask me who the father is.

"Who's the father?"

Christ help me.

I sob harder.

The entire car ride back home is silent and awkward.

I rush upstairs to my room as soon as we arrive at the house and lock the door. She follows after me.

"Chewy, we have to talk about this, please open the door"

I can't . I can't face her,  I refuse to have this conversation. I'm too ashamed.

"Chewy, I know you're upset... I'm upset, but please don't do anything crazy, it's not the end of the world, please let me in, let me help you.. " her voice starts to break.

I open the door and once again seek solace in her arms.

After a while she begins to talk.

"Sweetie, nobody can know about this . You know that right..not even you're friends..  you can't tell a single soul" she whispers.

"Huh... I wipe my tears, but they'll be able to tell once I start showing"

" don't tell me you plan on keeping it?"

It?

"I-I-I... I dunno I"

"Chewy you CAN'T keep it, you can barely take care of Gucci, how are you going to raise a child when you can't even take care of a puppy?.... think of you're friends at least, this will destroy you're career and theirs".

I continue to sob.

"I'll head  back  to the hospital, I'll get you the pills you need to- to take care of it".

It?!

*30 minutes later*

My mum arrives and hands me two pills.

"Take the first one now and the second one tomorrow"

"Urm..... sure" I say reluctantly.

"Well, what are you waiting for... take em." She fetches me a glass of water

My heart's racing uncontrollably.
In the midst of my panic, I devise a plan.

I hide the pill under my tongue and pretend to swallow.

She pulls me into a hug.

"Chewy, I know that was hard for you, but believe me my love, it's for the best.. now you can put this entire ordeal behind you..  I can just pretend it never happened and you're still my little girl right?".

I nod.

I head upstairs, spit out the pill and flush it down the toilet.

I have no idea what I'm doing, or how I'm going to take care of a child.. but I can't kill my baby!

Hey guys, thanks for almost 4k reads, I'm gonna try and update daily, that's the goal but I can't promise anything .. love you.. stay safe xoxo😅🤭😘