Chapter twenty four - Memories

Start from the beginning

Committing suicide.

***

MADISON’S P.O.V

“Chloe are you sure you’re okay?” she nodded.

She pressed her lips in thin line. “It’s my fault. I wished it.”

“Chloe this is not your fault, you need to stop blaming yourself.” I looked at her in the eye.

She looked down. “What do you think there all talking about?” I shrugged, to be honest they could be talking about anything.

“Let’s not think about that, so…-“she cuts me off.

“What’s happening between you and Ryder?” 

I bit my lip. “I don’t know Chloe.” 

“Do you like him?”

He’s been very sweet lately, but I can’t let that make me believe I changed my feelings about him.

Chloe was waiting for my answer, “No. I don’t.”

He’s still a player.

“I heard there’s a party next week, you want to go?” Chloe asked, I don’t know if this is alright for her. Especially when she found out about her baby. “I know what you’re thinking. But I need to stop thinking about it or else my exams are just not going to get me in a good college. I just need to stop thinking and just do it.” She sighed, “I just need a little alcohol in my system, that’s all I’m asking.” She doesn’t alright to me, but should I trust her? “Madison seriously I’m fine, I know about the whole baby thing is weighing on me, but I know somewhere in the future I’ll get my chance.” She said smiling sadly.

I pulled her in a hug, “You will Cloe and you’ll be the best mom in the world.” I heard her chuckling, I pulled away. “But do us both a favour, and take some rest.” She sighed looking down but nodded. Chloe never liked staying in one place, she always wanted to get up and do something fun. But I guess not. “Listen Cloe,” she gestured me to go on. “Your parents are coming, I had to let them know Chloe. They were worried sick about you, you didn’t answer any of their calls.”

She frowned. “I guess I wasn’t in the mood to talk to them.”  I nod,  she looked up at me with bright eyes. “Hey Maddie, can you call Adam here please? I need to talk to him.” I nodded smiling, as I brought her to her room in the hospital. She got inside the bed and rested while waiting for Adam to come.

I left the room, and found Adam, Ryder and Ky waiting outside. Adam looked at me with bright eyes.

“How is she taking it?” he asked.

I smiled, “She’s doing fine. She’s still a little sensitive about it, but she’s going to be fine.” He sighed in relief. “And Adam?” he looked at me with hopeful eyes, his green eyes were shining.

“Yeah?”

“She’s calling for you.” He smiled widely and wasted no time and went inside the room.

I turned around and smiled when I saw them both hugging each other, while Chloe was crying when she was hugging Adam while he was wiping her tears away.

I looked away and sat down next to Ryder.

“You okay?” he asked.

I nod, I was fine. I was happy to see my best friend fine, that’s all I wanted to see.

I heard Ky mutter something at the back. “This disgusting little piece of-…” I cut him off when I see a little boy looking at Ky’s food.

“Ky!”