Chapter eighteen - Losing My Mind

Copyright © 2014 JessicaBrooks_

Chapter eighteen –  Losing my mind

“You seem very busy.”  I heard someone asking me a question which seemed like in a sarcastic tone. I turned around and immediately saw ‘him’ I narrowed my eyes at him and turned around walking into someone.

It wasn’t someone.

It was a wall.

I heard laughing behind me, as I rubbed the spot that hurt. I turned around and huffed but not before glaring at him, I walked away.

He caught up with me laughing still. I narrowed my eyes at him, “What do you want Ryder?”

He gave me an amused look, “Don’t you look cute while your angry?” I pushed his chest as he walked closer to me. He chuckled at my discomfort, “Come dance with me.”

I looked at him in the eye. “Why would I want to do that?” I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

He walked closer to me. “Well I want to prove to you how good I am with my dancing skills.” What is he up to? “Unless if you want to prove that your better than me.” He said putting his hands up in surrender.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “There’s no way  I’m dancing up there with you.” I gave him a bright smile, he probably thought I changed my idea because of the excitement showed on his face. “Why don’t you take that red head you brought along with you.” He slightly frowned.

He showed a bored look. “Oh her? She’s just a nobody she’s most probably hooking up with a guy now.” He said like he wasn’t surprised.

After Brad and Aunt Vicky said there vows and kissed each other like they were made to be, I smiled thinking one day that would be me. With someone I have no idea who it would be. After that they cut the cake, they kissed again as if they can’t ever be separated with each other. And now it’s the dance and this is exactly why Ryder is asking me right now, I bet he hasn’t been rejected by a girl but I have now.

“I’m not going up there and dancing with you.”

He said putting his hands up in surrender. “Okay I mean, I know you’re a bad dance that’s why you don’t want to dance up there and embarrass yourself, I get Madison don’t worry.”  I narrowed my eyes at him, oh I knew what he was trying to do. That little idiot! He thinks I’ll go up and dance with him?

He was right.

I did go on the dance floor and danced with him.

He smirked. “I knew you couldn’t resist.” He said as he wrapped his big hands around my waist  and pulled me closer, I wrapped my arm around his neck and we slowly danced to the beat of the music. As I saw Brad and Aunt Vicky laughing and dancing at the same time, I smiled they looked really happy.

I turned back and face Ryder.

He furrowed his eyebrows. “What are you thinking so hard about?”

I shook my head. “Nothing.” I smiled. “Your not such a bad dancer.”

He rolled his eyes and smiled. “For a second then I thought you liked me.” I stopped breathing. He thought I liked him? Well for a second.

Like him?

Did I?

I rolled my eyes and chuckle. “Don’t flatter yourself Ryder.”

He barked a laughter, as he spun me around and I crashed into his chest as he as dipped me down. “Your eyes look beautiful.” He said as he looked at him, I blushed as he brought me up.