Chapter twenty four - Memories

Chapter twenty four – Memories

I was emotionless.

I was scared to tell Madison.

But I told her.

I was thinking and thinking while I was driving, I kept on staring at the road the straight which we were leading to the hospital.

Madison worried me a lot, she cared for Chloe instead of being best friends they are like sisters. She would hate if anything happened to her. Madison took it differently than I thought she would, she didn’t even say a word when I told her the news, she handed me the car keys and she walked off to the car, without a single word. I would look at Ky worriedly if she would do something, but she would just stare at the window.

As we made it to the hospital, I parked the car and shut the engine.

I looked at Madison, as she was staring at the dashboard.

Ky spoke in, “I’ll sign in for all of us.” I nodded still looking at Madison.

Ky opened the door and shut the door, as I saw him walking up the stairs.

It was nothing but silence.

She licked the lips. “We should go.” She said.

I nodded not pushing it even further.

I got out of the car as she did the same. I locked the car and came quickly to Madison’s side.

I was about to walk by her side, but surprisingly she slipped her hand with mine. I felt her squeeze my hand tightly.

***

I sat down beside Madison waiting for the doctors or someone to let us know if Chloe is fine.

We also called Chloe’s parents to tell them the bad news, they were hard to get through but once they answered. Chloe’s parents were mortified, they also didn’t take it too well. But we had to let them know.

Ky came over with some coffee and handed me and Madison on, including himself. “Here,” he said. “Heard any news?” he asked.

Madison shook her head.

That’s the first thing she’s doing ever since we got inside the car.

“I hope everything fine.” She said, I gave her hand a squeeze.

I smiled as she turned her head. “She’ll be fine.”  She returned the smile back.

I looked up at Madison who stood up and quickly grabbed Chloe into a hug, I saw Adam who looked shattered as well as Chloe did as well. I quickly went over to Adam and gave him a man hug.

“Hey man, are you alright?” I asked.

He nodded solemnly. “Just need to make sure Chloe is alright, I don’t want her to do anything stupid.” I looked at Adam, then back at Madison and Chloe mainly. I looked at Ky and told him to follow my lead. I mentally thought he would understand and he did.

We both took Adam away from Chloe and Madison.

I looked at Ky and back at Adam. “What do you mean stupid?”

Adam sighed sadly. “I saw her back there, she looked so helpless. I mean what could she do? I mean what I mean by stupid is – I can’t even say it.” he said looking down.

I gave him a pat on the shoulder. “Hey man, it’s okay I know what you mean.” Ky looked confused but he shook it off.

Adam meant one thing about Chloe doing something stupid.