Chapter twenty - Nothing But A Lie

Chapter twenty – Nothing but a lie

What?!

I can’t marry Ryder! I mean it’s not like I don’t want to.

‘Do you even hear yourself Madison, you like Ryder why don’t you admit it already!’ my subconious spoke.

“Madison, what do you say?” Ryder’s mom asked me. “Are you ready marry Ryder?” I looked at Angie then my eyes went to Ryder, as he secretly smiled I could tell he was somewhat looking happy, but I don’t understand why? He never liked me, he’s a player and yesterday he proved me that he is one.

“Madison honey, you should get married with Ryder. You’ll have a bright future together, this is good timing for you Madison, you’ll get to stay with the Black’s and get to know them even more.” Mom was right, my parents were only looking out my future and making sure it’s stable.

But getting married with Ryder, I don’t think it’s something I could do.

I was getting emotional now.

Tears start filling my eyes. “I need some time to think.” I said as I ran up to my room.

I shut the door behind me and sat on my bed wiping my tears away.

Ryder’s  a player, he won’t be able to stick to a girl let alone get married with one. How will I ever think about getting married with Ryder if he’s going to hook up with different girl while he’s married.

I cried even more, why am I even crying. It’s not like I like Ryder, I don’t like him.

I’ll keep on telling myself that and it will always be true.

I heard my door open as Ryder stormed inside and shut the door behind him. He saw me crying as he quickly came over to me and kneeled down to my level as I was sitting on the bed.

“Hey.” He grabs my hand but I pull them out of his grips. “Hey.” This time he grabs my face and holds me in place, I stop struggling.

We both look into each other’s eyes.

“Why are you crying?” he asked softly stilling cupping my face.

I tears stream down my face. “I-I’m s-scared.” I stutter looking down.

“Why?”

“Of loving you.” I said honestly.

I thought at this point I messed up. Ryder wouldn’t say anything, and I think I ruined everything.

“Why are you scared of loving me?” he asked softly looking at my eyes.

“Ryder, I don’t want to get hurt. You’re a player, you won’t be able to stick to a girl. I’m scared that if I start loving you, you’ll end up hurting my feelings.” Tears rolled down as he quickly wiped them away and shook his head.

“I won’t ever leave you. Madison, you’ve changed me. I’ve been thinking about you non-stop, I can’t get you of my head. Madison I want us to try, see where ‘we’ could take us. I’m willing to try if you are.” He said looking seriously at me.

I didn’t know if he liked me or no because he didn’t mention any of that.

I was about answer him but his phone started ringing as he took out his phone from his pocket.

“W-who is it?” I asked him.

I knew it was a girl. I can tell by his face. “Madison -..”

I shook my head rolling my lips inside my mouth, stopping myself from crying. “It’s a girl isn’t it.” Regret flashed in his eyes, he didn’t even try to deny it.