Chapter 17: Babysitting Bodyguard

Andrew and I were sitting next to each other watching Johnny playing on the family tv in the main house of the Knight estate. The TV screen in the family room was a generous size. It was roughly... half of a movie theater screen. Considering what's in this house, that is honestly being humble for them.

I was currently mesmerized by Johnny playing his games. He had four PlayStation 4s hooked up to the screen and each had a different fighting game on it. They were Mortal Kombat 11, Dragonball Fighter Z, Street Fighter 5, and BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. He had three different colored game controllers in front of him while he played.

After fighting with a person online, he would use the TV remote and switched to the next HDMI slot and play another game. He would keep doing this repeatedly and it was kinda scary.

He can transition from game to game and not get confused when playing a game with a different fighting physics and mechanics. On top of that, he hasn't lost a single match in any game yet. He's been playing for AN HOUR straight!

This kid is a complete monster. He's definitely a prodigy child. Hopefully he puts effort in his future.

You may be wondering why I'm currently sitting near one of my former bullies along with watching another bully's kid brother. Well there are very rare times when every family member in the Knight's household, besides Johnny, are gone.

Bradley is going overseas a bit and seeing what business opportunities there are in foreign lands. Boop is out of town with some girls from the office, and Mr. and Mrs. Knight are on vacation away from everyone.

Looking away from the monster in front of me, I looked to see a bored Andrew. It's like he's seen this boy do this amazing feat dozens of times. He's probably watched over Johnny often in that case.

"Andrew? Doesn't this bother you? Even in the slightest?"

He turned his bored expression to me. "At first it did, but after that it just became obnoxious. The brat does this all the time to challenge himself and show off at the same time."

"I heard that." Johnny didn't even take his eyes off the combo he was doing with Gogeta. For some reason he was blue instead of gold.

"Yeah, and you ain't gonna do ship about it." Andrew called back, filtering his language. Looks like he knows to control himself around Johnny.

Johnny ignored him as he was able to finish of his opponent with a spectacular and dramatic Kamehameha I haven't seen before. He changed the source on the tv and was now onto Mortal Kombat.

"Why are we the ones watching Johnny when they could have just hired a caretaker? Hell, why not on of the maids or butlers?" I'm refraining from saying anything that implies Johnny is being babysat. I found out earlier that he hates that term and threw a tantrum about it.

"It's to cut down cost and save a little extra." Andrew answer nonchalantly.

I gave him the biggest WTF face. "You do realize that this family is a financial juggernaut right?"

"I do, but even reach people love savings. Do you think a rich person is going to insist on paying full price for a designer piece of clothing when they can get it for 20% off? Hell to the no. No need to pay for extra help when they already have a ton of workers. Besides, Johnny actually likes us so he will have some semblance of obedience around us."

That actually made a lot of sense. Never really put intense thought into it. I just shrugged my shoulders in agreement with him. I went back to focus on Johnny gaming.

A random thought invaded my head and it was bugging me. I don't know why it came up but know I want to address it. Although it's really embarrassing.