Tendou Satori - Paradise

Start from the beginning

"Eh? Wakatoshi, do you recognize those jackets? I haven't seen them before."

Wakatoshi looked to where his teammate was pointing. A group that dispersed themselves along the edge of the stands were wearing white and red jackets that he wasn't familiar with.

"I'm not sure, Tendou. Go ask the coach."

Pouting, the third year swung his legs in the direction of his coaches, humming a dejected tune as he went. They sat on their designated bench talking to each other slowly as they watched their opposing team warm up. Washijo's stare deepened the lines on his face and as he shifted his gaze towards the spiked redhead the teen shivered. Instead of speaking to the old man directly, Tendou turned on his heel to look at the team's assistant coach.

"Hey, Saito," he started, swinging his arm to point at one of the people in the jackets. "Who are those guys? I've never seen them before."

Saito adjusted his glasses before staring up into the stands.

"Ah," he paused, "I believe they are the ones from the volleyball program at Miyagi University. They're scouting."

"Scouting?" Tendou blinked.

Washijo tightened his arms across his chest with a huff, "Those idiots don't know what to look for, they search for outliers."

Saito let out a weak laugh wincing internally. I went to Miyagi U.

"Washijo, you do know Miyagi U is home to one of the top teams in Japan. It wouldn't be wise to put incorrect information in the minds of your subordinates."

Tendou slouched, waiting for the younger coach to continue.

"Tendou, they're looking for talented players to give scholarships to. If someone gets one they either get to pay less for university or get to go for free so long as they abide by the rules of the scholarship."

Tendou didn't say anything at first but gave a small grin with a huff as he bowed to his coaches, "Let's be sure to with this round then, hmm?"

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

"So, (L/N), what did you think of the players today?" Kawasaki asked before taking a bite from the meat that was laid out in front of him.

The group ate in a small restaurant with people talking loudly over their meals about whatever was going on in their lives. Separated from the crowd -as per the admin's request- they all sat lazily around a table with their shoes off and jackets draped across their shoulders. The thin paper wall didn't do all that much in terms of blocking the sound from coming into their little alcove but muffled it enough to decrease the likelihood of distractions.

Unzipping the top of the collar of her jacket, the girl smiled. "Everyone was amazing, so I'm really happy I got to come and watch. I wrote down some of the players that I thought stood out."

Reaching for her binder, the (H/C) pulled out a small notebook. She flipped the pages before handing it over to the volleyball admin. As he turned through the pages, Kawasaki took note that the student in front of him had taken during the girl's tournament as well. Looking at the list of players of the boys she had seemingly kept her eye on, one seemed to stand out.

"Tendou Satori from Shiratorizawa? What made him pique your interest?"

The girl rubbed her thigh, letting her tumb dig into the muscles that froze in position. Taking a bite from the food on her plate, she used the opportunity to think of a justified answer.