CHAPTER 19

KUGA'S POV
I wake up really soon and start picking up everything that we'll need for today... I need to tell dad the truth about this... I need to tell him that I'm going on a long weekend with Momo.

-Kuga: Good morning...
-Dad: Good morning, where are you going with that suitcase? (confused)
-Kuga: I'm not gonna lie, I'm going on a long weekend with Momo...
-Dad: Ah, I see... (chokes) Wait, what?! With the Hirai' s heir?! Have gone crazy?! Do you have fever?!
-Kuga: Dad, stop it... (sighs) I need to talk with her ignoring our rivalry...
-Dad: W-Why is that? You are worrying me... You know what her family is to our...
-Kuga: Dad, I need to talk with her about the accident, and also about my real feelings... (serious)
-Dad: What real feelings?!
-Kuga: Bye dad...

 (serious)-Dad: What real feelings?!-Kuga: Bye dad

-Dad: But-

I then ignore him and leave heading to Momo's house... I'm nervous, this was the first time that I ever faced my father! I am not disappointing him, right?

SANA'S POV
I heard nii-chan talking with dad, and I gotta admit that I'm really happy... Momo never liked the rivalry because she didn't understand why there was hate when we both were really great friends.

And thanks to that, I think that she has been able to change my brother, and with that, I hope our rivalry disappears...

-Sana: Good morning dad... (smiles)
-Dad: Morning... (sighs)
-Sana: What wrong dad?
-Dad: "Feelings"... What kind of feelings can he have for our rival? I just don't understand...
-Sana: Dad, sometimes it happens that your heart starts beating for the least person you expected and you can't do anything about it... (srughs) I think that nii-chan likes Momo... (smiles)
-Dad: And how can you be about it? (sighs) Don't you know what they did to your mother?!
-Sana: M-Mom? (confused)
-Dad: Of course you don't know about it, you had just a three years when that happened... (sighs) Anyway, I think that it is not right to have those kind of feelings for them... Attend the restaurant, I don't feel too good... I'm gonna lay a bit...

That worries me a bit... What does he mean by "what happened to mom?" I don't understand... I can just see the stupid smile that both, Momo and my brother, have whenever they are together... That's what makes this really confusing...

KUGA'S POV
I arrive at Momo's house and I can spot her along her parents... To be honest, I didn't expect this, I thought she would be waiting alone...

-Kuga: Uhm... Good morning (smiles and bows)
-Momo: Good morning-
-Mr. Hirai: Why do you want to bring my daughter away from us, huh?! What kind of intentions do you have?!
-Kuga: You don't need to worry, I just want to have some important talks... And since we'll be in a theme park, we are gonna have fun, that's all...
-Mr. Hirai: How can I trust your words?
-Kuga: If something happens to Momo, I'll work for you for the rest of my life... (smiles)
-Mr. Hirai: You-
-Ms. Hirai: Oh let them go already... Have fun dear (hugs Momo) And Minatozaki-san, please take care of her... (smiles)
-Kuga: Yeah, don't worry... (smiles)

We then bid our goodbye and got inside a car that I hired... At first it's really silent and awkward since I don't know how should I break the ice...

-Momo: Why are you so quiet?
-Kuga: I don't know what should I say, so I'm just remaining silent...
-Momo: You know, you can start talking, that's the purpose after all...
-Kuga: Fine, where should I start? The accident?
-Momo: Yeah, it is a good start point...

-Kuga: Fine

-Kuga: Fine... (sighs) The accident, you probably want to know why I tried to avoid the topic, right?
-Momo: Yeah...
-Kuga: It's all because I'm terribly afraid of the fire and all the memories it brings me... (sighs) The fire, that's the main reason of our rivalry...
-Momo: The fire? (confused)
-Kuga: Yeah, you know... I lost my mother when I was five years old, and the reason was a big fire that started while she was working at the restaurant's kitchen...
-Momo: Oh, I'm really sorry... Seriously... I didn't know...
-Kuga: That's not the worse part, during that time, the Minatozaki restaurant was the best one, and that seemed to pissed some people... Your older brother among them, was the one who felt the worse...
-Momo: Older brother?! What are you saying? I'm an only child-
-Kuga: Momo, your mom it's not your dad's first wife... He had a son called Hirai Senji... He was supposed to become a great chef and the heir...
-Momo: T-This is hard to belive...
-Kuga: It is not... Your brother is now jailed...
-Momo: Why would he be jailed?
-Kuga: Because he's the murderer, he's the one who started the fire that... Killed my mother... (sighs) I saw it everything, at his 15... He used a lighter and locked my mom inside... I could hear her screamings... And until now, I've always had those burning nightmares everytime I closed my eyes...
-Momo: Jun... (worried)
-Kuga: Of course, that made the rivalry increase even more... And my dad, always told us not to approach any of you... But Sana became your friend, and although I knew the truth, I knew that I couldn't blame you because you don't have anything to do with that first accident... When your restaurant got on fire, I saved you because I didn't want anyone else to go through the same that I went... But it still hurted a lot, that's why I decided to change my name and forget about those memories... (sighs) that's the reason... That's the answer you need--Why are you crying? (chuckles)
-Momo: I feel so sorry... I didn't know you were going through that much, I always thought you were a spoiled boy who was acting rude because he wanted to make his dad feel proud...
-Kuga: Well... Now you know the truth... (smiles) Sana doesn't know about that story because she was really young when that happened...
-Momo: Jun... I'm so sorry, seriously, now it makes sense... (sighs)
-Kuga: It's okay now... Somehow, I'm getting over it (smiles)

 Somehow, I'm getting over it (smiles)