The Beatles - Stalkers - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"You're different too, y'know." Paul remarked after you once more laughed at the sheer difference you were seeing.

"How so?"

"Your hair makes you slightly taller." George remarked, ironically as he was now the tallest of the three of them.

"Speak for yourself."

He grinned and nodded. It was difficult to stop looking at George. He had grown into his face so much and walked with more confidence, must've been Lennon's influence.

"So how are things? Are you big and famous yet?" You pry.

"You'd know if we were~"

"We have got a manager now though. He seems to know what he's talking about. You've got to have some faith in this industry, I suppose. He's some posh fella from London or somewhere like that," John told you, slightly shocking you with his new ability to hold a mature conversation. "But ye don't need to hear about posh lads, ey (y/n)? They were never your type." Ah, there it was. You had to roll your eyes.

"What do you know about my type, Lennon."

"Oi, you wanna watch this flirty behaviour, i've got a lass at home now, y'know" he teases.

Paul scoffs. The older boy hits him on the arm. The two swat hits at each other which evolves into them trying to knock the other down, all whilst walking.

"Speaking of flirting," you comment watching them. "I'm surprised you're not a couple."

They glare.

"While we're on the topic of flirting... Geo..."

"Oh yeah George!"

The three all stop walking and congregate away from you. Congregation sounded a lot like bickering in that moment. They're the most slapstick group of boys you'd ever met.

"Just a second, birdy." John calls to you over his shoulder. You continue to wait as the three of them whisper and snap at each other. They break apart and all scowl somewhat simultaneously.

"So me and John are gonna head over to see my Dad. Geo can walk you the rest of the way though." Paul chirped.

"Oh, yeah okay." You nod.

George is shoved forward by John who sniggers at the younger lad's grumbles.

Paul puts his arms around you yet again.

"Good to see you again, (Y/N)."

"And you."

John swaggers over next, clearly not sure whether to hug you or play it cool as he usually did. He was always just a little reluctant when it came to his deeds matching his words. John really was all talk no action, he didn't even have to guts to embrace you. Paul balanced him out nicely, with his openness and more polite nature. But for all of his teasing, John Lennon struggled to act on half of what he said he'd do.

"See ya later Lennon" You help him.

"Yeah.. yeah, see ya." He nods and stalks off after Paul, mumbling to himself.

The two of them head over towards Paul's house, which wasn't too far away from your own childhood home. You would always pass each other on the street growing up; your parents exchanging a quick and polite 'hello' with his. You also used to see him playing out with his friends on the field between your houses, kicking around a ball or powering it down the banking on his  bikes with his brother. Other than that, you'd never really seen much of each other before they started following you.

You turn your head to look at the remaining Beatle. George had very dark eyes, you could almost see yourself in them.

"Right, let's head to yours then. To drop you off I mean... obviously. That sounded... just clarifying, y'know what I mean."

"Come on." You laugh at his fumbling words and start walking, hands in your pockets to stop the cold nipping at your fingers. The sky was grey, meaning rain was eminent and yet you were in absolute no rush to get inside. The pace was slow, a stroll if anything, and though there was silence between you, it wasn't awkward.

"So what's next for the band?"

"Whatever our manager says I suppose. John and Paul have been writing and he says it's good stuff. Me and Ringo don't really have much of a say a lot of the time." He shrugged.

"Such a complainer, aren't y- Sorry, what's a Ringo?" You stop mid sentence.

He sniggered a bit making you frown.

"What?" George laughed more. "Seriously, what?" You continue to ask, smiling out of confusion.

His eyes are screwed up and he's grinning, laughing silently so that his shoulders jig.

"He's our drummer."

"Oh. Christ, aren't I out of the loop. You really need to catch me up." You chuckle. You still aren't entirely sure what kind of name Ringo is but you choose not to press. Maybe George will tell you a little more about this drummer if there's and what happened to Pete.

"Not sure I can fit a year's worth of stories in, your house is only 5 minutes away."

"Well then looks like you and the boys will have to come and see me again." You joked, linking an arm through his and grinned at him.

"Yeah...looks like it yeah... or maybe we can leave the boys out next time? I've got plenty of time for ye' but they're busy writing and whatnot." He raised his eyebrows.

"Leave them out? Try telling Lennon that."

"You've got a point. I might have to forget to tell him or he'll clip me round the ear. Paul too, but the worst he ever does is scowl. Don't worry though, he'll get plenty of mentions when I tell you all about The Beatles." He made a tiny grand gesture with one hand. You laughed along for a moment and then spoke up, your eyebrows once against knitted in confusion.

"The what?"

There really was a lot to know about the band now going by The Beatles and there was a lot more to find out.