38: A Search for Steve {Crossover}

Currently in New York, everyone was eyeing the two detectives who were sipping on tea sitting in the Avengers Compound. Sherlockand John could see through each and every one of their faces. The way Clint's leg keep bouncing, he was impatient to know what is happening and what was going to happen. Wanda's worrisome expression, the creases on her forehead and Vision's hand soothing her back clearly indicated that she was beyond concerned for Steve. Both Sherlock and John exchanged a look before putting their cups down and beginning with the job.

"So, who's the best friend?" Sherlock asked although he had seemed to gather enough information on Bucky Barnes.
"I am!" Bucky rose his metal arm from where he was sitting with yet another concerned expression just like everyone else.
"I see. And you're the boyfriend?" Sherlock lightly smirked as he pointed at Tony whilst asking the question. Tony grunted annoyed.
"For the last time, I and Steve were not in a relation. We were not even close to something like that!" Tony grunted.
"Oh we'll see about that" Sherlock said standing up leaving behind him a bewildered Tony and chuckling John.

Somehow the question lightened the atmosphere around the room as everyone smiled under their cloak's at Tony's annoyance. They all knew.

"You want to check the rooms?" John asked.
"Do you see the need of it?" Sherlock asked back.
"Nah. I think there isn't anything in here. We should tick off the suspects" John eyed the room only to find everyone looking back in confusion.
"You're right but can I see the text message you recieved, Mr Stark?" Sherlock brought his hand out in front of Tony who instantly opened his StarkPhone and placed it in his palm.

Sherlock couldn't help but internally sympathise with the man for how muvh he was in love and denial at the same time. He looked over the message for a few seconds then handed it over to John to inspect.

"You said you recieved this message and hurried to find Captain Rogers but by the time you got downstairs and went to search for him, he was already taken?" Sherlock confirmed as Tony nodded in affirmative.
"Yes. I honestly ran down with the speed of light but it didn't work out. They were too fast" Tony shook his head in misery, as if blaming himself for it.
"Yeah they were. Steve had not even left minutes before Tony stepped down" Natasha spoke.
"And with the time they talked and ran to get Steve, i am assuming that Steve must've been taken from the compounds boundaries because he always circles the compound about ten times as warm-up before he leaves for the regular laps. And it definitely takes him around twenty minutes" Sam added in as Sherlock, a smile skowly making its way on his lips.
"How could anyone be so fast? They must've planned it out before sending Tony the text" Quicksilver or Pietro spoke softly.
"You all are wrong right there. The text wasn't sent to Tony before taking Steve. It was sent after they already had Steve" Sherlock deduced as he took hold of the phone and placed it in Tony's hands "Here. Read it. It says 'The Captain is ours' which means he was already there's. They had him abducted first and then had sent a text to you. Of course, they were not taking any chances"
They all took a minute to a realize, nodding their head along eith the mastermind.

"Here's what we are going to do. Find everything and anything with a skull logo on it" Sherlock spoke up minutes later. Everyone looked at him confused as he continued "This skull emoji at the end pf the message, this is a clue. You all have any idea?"
Just as he said so, Tony's eyes widened.
"Red Skull!" He gasped before his face turned red with aner and his fists were tightly closed.
"Red Skull, Mr Stark?" Sherlock could already pick on an enemy.
"He's the one who lead Hydra. He was after Steve, then and now, he's back. But how come? Steve completely ended their system, broke down everything, he was gone" Tony murmured.
"Exactly, Tony. My people have been keeping a close eye on Hydra's everything just because we feared a reboot but not even a single trace we got" Fury entered the room as everyone grunted. Sherlock and John eyed him.
"Good afternoon, sir" John brought his hand out to shake with the Head of them all. Fury nodded in acknowledgement shaking his hand.
"Fury, nothing else links with a Skull and Steve, better than this. Plus, if they were gone for two weeks with Steve and we still couldn't find them then they definitely could've gotten away from your eye as well" Tony reprimanded as everyone in the room nodded alongside him.
"A very well-done deduction, Mr Stark but it is not this Red Skull dude. In fact, there's no skull involved at all anymore" Sherlock smirked as Tony looked at him bewildered.
"Sherl, explain to them. Don't give them half-news" John spoke giving his boyfriend a stern eye. He knew how much his potential hubby loved seeing others confused. It pleased Sherlock for some reason and at the same time, ticked him off too.