8: Webbed Hearts

"Mr Stark? Are-are you crying?" Peter came into Tony's vision who quickly turned his face away.

"No, kid. Why would I be crying? Pfft" Tony dodged the question quickly wiping away his eyes.

Peter knew Tony was crying. This was not the first time, Peter caught him like this. Eversince, Civil War, this has been like every other day. Tony would either drown himself in work, alcohol or tears. Peter's been living with him for a few days now but he's been visiting before as well. You see, he's training under Tony. But he couldn't see his Mr. Stark like this. So...so depressed and sad. He missed the old Tony, the guy who would literally pass on every other thing. But eversince, the Avengers separated, he's been so, so dead. Eversince, Steve left.

"Well, maybe because you're human?" Peter couldn't control his sarcastic mixed with anger self.

He's done dealing with Mr. Stark like this. Tony never lets himself out in front of others. He always helps others out in their grievances but he never shares his own pain. He has to now.

"Kid, what's wrong with you? I'm fine. Go to bed" Tony tried pushing him away once again but failed miserably this time as Peter came up and hugged Tony.

"I know you miss him, Mr Stark. You dont need to hide it from me. You can share it with me" Peter said in his chest and just like that Tony broke down.

He cried and he cried and he cried. For how many hours? Even, Peter had lost count but they both just sat there, as Tony cried and Peter held him together. He never thought he'd witness this side of the man he looked up to since he was merely even born and even if he did think that way, he didn't think he'd act so proud and collected, instead he would be crying as well. But, no, here he was cajouling Tony like a true friend would and just being there for him while he let out tears to his hearts ease.

It was difficult though, seeing Tony like this. Shattered. Broken. Completely torn down. Tony Stark. The guy everyone thought was merciless, heartless and what not. He...he had too much of a soft side to him but did anyone ever care? No.

Finally, Peter felt Tony's sobs coming down as his body stopped shaking.

"I miss them, Peter. I miss all of them" Tony voiced out finally breaking the silence growing in on them.

"I know, Tony. I know. I know, you miss them. I know you miss him" Peter's words made Tony look up instantly.

Peter could see the desperation in his eyes. He could see the longing. He could see the emptiness.

"Why'd he have to leave? I did it, didn't i? I caused him to leave. If I would've been a little more sensible, none of this would've happened. We would've been a happy little family" Tony's voice shivered as he spoke.

"No, no, Tony. None of this is your fault. To be honest, I would've blamed Captain for all that's happening today. If he would've been more honest with you, it would've been easier for you to cope and understand" Peter shook his head at Tony.

"But he didn't tell me because he knew what my reaction would've been" Tony tried defending Steve.

"Your reaction could've been prevented if he had been the one making you understand beforehand" Peter calmly said back.

Once again, silence fell between the both of them. But their insides were shouting, screaming. Their inner battles were raging. One was busy trying to get his head clear, trying to forget the pain wihile the other tried to scrimmage for ideas that would help sort the pain out.

"Well, kid, thanks a lot. This helped. It truly did. I'm going to bed. You should as well. We'll practice a little late tomorrow. Good Night" with his final words, Tony patted Peter on the back and left from the room assuring himself that he's fine now.