33: You're Insecure. Don't know what for?

Tony eyed Steve's heavenly body as the super soldier lay naked besides him. Tony took in every inch, every spec of his womderful boyfriend. His amazing, beautiful, talented, strong, courageous, righteous, Godly Boyfriend. A sigh escaped his lips as he thought of how much of a mismatched couple they were. Steve was a Greek God, and Tony, Tony was just a mechanic, with scars lacing every inch of his body, his hands rugged and his hair greasy almost all the time. He turned his eyes away from Steve's body and focused on his perfectly sculpted face.

Recently, Tony was having these thoughts a lot more. The thoughts of not being compatible with Steve. Especially, eversince they had come out publically. People would call out to Tony just to tell him how Steve deserved so much better. Although, Tony is, in his elements, the world's most handsome elite bachelor, that still doesn't count for the perfection Steve Rogers is. Tony was weak and Steve was the symbol of strength.

As these insecurities took over Tony's mind once again, he silently got out of the bed and went for a bath. He turned on the shower and as the water trickled down and around his arc-reactor, he traced the scars around it. How does Steve even bear the sight of this? He must think Tony's really ugly...? A tear escaped Tony's eye camouflaging itself within the pouring water as the thought of Steve getting tired of Tony's body and scars crossed his mind. How will he ever live with that? How will he ever live without Steve?

Steve was woken up by a door slam. He looked up from his pillow to see Tony walking out of the door. His eyes squinted in confusion. What time is it? As he looked over the clock, his eyes widened in surprise, it was four in the morning. Where was Tony going at this time? Why was Tony even awake at this time?

"Jarvis, where's Tony headed to?" Steve asked the AI as he slowly pulled up his sweat pants.
"Mister Stark is in his workshop, Captain" Jarvir replied as Steve let out a sigh. Maybe he had a nightmare, but then why wouldn't he wake Steve up?

Steve's heart got concerned for his lovers well-being as he made his way down to Tony's workshop. Opening the doors, he was welcomed with a transfixed sight of Tony Stark hunched over some other invention of his in nothing but a grey trousers and a grey tank. He didn't even notice Steve's entry, he seemed to be quite concentrated. Steve smiled as he went up and hugged Tony from behind him. Tony was at first, taken back but when he felt Steve's warmth, he calmed down and let it sink in. Steve could soothe Tony down anywhere, anytime.

"Woke you up, didn't i?" Tony guiltily said as he thought firther about how much of a bad influence he was on Steve.
"Darling, why are you down here at this time?" Steve lightly kissed Tony's earlobe earning a shaky breath in return.
"Uhh. I couldn't sleep" it wasn't exactly a lie.
"Why?" Steve asked again as Tony got irritated, not wanting to lie. He jerked Steve off as he turned towards him, quite harshly.
"Because I just couldn't, Rogers. There aren't many reasons for psychatrically wrecked people like me as to why they cannot sleep" he seethed and then turned around hitting the metal in front of him with huge force. Steve looked at him a little taken back. What's going on?
"Um, Tony? I didn't mean it like that. I meant as in did you hve some nightmare? Why would you call yourself psychatrically wrecked?" Steve's voice was low and cautious. He knew that triggering Tony when he's like thid just worsens his condition.
"Maybe, because I am? And no, Steve, i did not have a nightmare" Tony turned away from him "And even if I do, you dont need to waste your time coming and helping me with it" he muttered under his breath but unfortunately, it reached Steve's hearing and he instantly picked on Tony's hesitance, confused as to why he was reacting like this all of a sudden.
"Tony, come with me, alright? Let's sleep together? I cannot sleep without you" Steve groaned trying not to let Tony know he heard his muttering. He inched closer to Tony's ear, wrapping his arms around the tiny lads waist and stepping huskily closer to his left ear "And i need your sexy body against mine" he moaned in Tony's ear lightly biting on his earlobe successfully causing the younger man to stiffen and let out a shaky breath.
"S-steve. Y-you sh-should g-go. Sleep" Tony tried controlling his breathing only to be worsened when Steve further pushed himself into Tony.
"Not without my Tony-Tones" Steve tightly held onto Tony refusing to let go.