34: True Love {1}

This chapter is dedicated to EvansDowney09 Thank you for such a creative idea, love.

"He left me. Steve left me" Tony croaked out to Natasha as she gasped at the revelation.
"He what!? Why?" Natasha asked bck shocked.
"Barnes" Tony's reply was single-handed and innocent but enough for Natasha Romanoff to march out of the room with only one aim: Get Steve to realise about Bucky's real intentions.

Did it work? Not really.
_____________________________________________________
Steve Rogers and Tony Stark have been the talk of the town for the past three years when they got into a relationship, confessed each other's love to one another and were considered to be the power couple. The Iron-Cap duo. But then, everything went downhill when Steve Rogers came across the revelation that his first love, James Buchanan Barnes who had fallen to his death was actually alive. Steve instantly went on a search for him. After meeting up and making sure, he was secure, Buchanan became a part of the family. Even Tony was so welcoming towards him. Little did he know, that Buchanan would be his own love's demise.

Days turned into Weeks and Weeks into Months when James confessed to Steve that he still loved him and he wanted him back. Steve was perplexed, confused between the two men. He couldn't decipher which one he had feelings for and which not. Or maybe, who he had the stonger- lover feelings for. After going out around with James, even behind Tony's back. Kissing him again. Steve left Tony. He went to James Buchanan Barnes.

Now, what Steve and Tony both were unaware of was that James didn't actually love Steve. He was using Steve. Eversince, Bucky had stepped back into the modern world and gotten his identity back, the one thing he couldn't ignore was the fame and attention all these people got. Especially, Tony. Bucky wanted that too. He wanted the attention, the fame. He wanted to be the talk of the town. The people's sweetheart. And he knew, getting into a realtionship with Steve was the best way to do so. A blow to Tony and a hit for the news channels. And Bucky did just exactly that. He could bear with Steve. He could so make out with that heavenly body and make his benefit out of it too. Sometimes, he felt bad for it. Other times, pure bliss.
______________________________________________________

It has now been a whole year since the super couple broke up yet Tony still looks out for Steve in every team meeting, in every mission everywhere. Even though, it was he, himself who asked Fury to not be in any mission where Steve is. Fury just took it way more seriously. He was furious when he heard how badly broken Steve had left behind Tony and he could do nothing about it. Everyone on the team was devastated with Steve's actions and Tony's vulnerability. Because, everyone seemed to know Bucky's reality, everyone other than Tony and Steve themselves. Natasha had tried so many times to tell Tony, to explain to him yet everytime, she hit the topic, he turned away and got himself busy with something else. 'Steve is to worry about that' Tony wold say everytime, yet every time Tony got worried for Steve. What if he wasn't happy? What if Bucky wasn't treating him right? What if Bucky wasn't loving him right?
Tony found Bucky everywhere, every tabloid, every newspaper article, every social networking site, every where. But, he hardly ever found Steve. And that worried Tony. Was Steve fine? What Tony was unaware of was that Steve wasn't fine.

"Stark?" Tony was brought out from his chain of thoughts as he looked behind him to see Fury.
"Ah. To what do i owe the pleasure, your highness?" Tony turned to him smiling as he shook hands with a smiling Nick.
"There's a mission" Fury spoke as Tony nodded at him to continue "And it includes the WHOLE team" Nick's emphasis on the word 'whole' was enough for Tony to know what he meant. His heart suddenly started beating erratically wild.
"Uhrm. Alright" Tony regained his composure trying to calm his breaths.
"Look, i would've never came to you-" Nick was cut short by Tony.
"Which means it for sure is something super serious. So, Fury, enlighten me please" Tony gave him the sign that Fury needed.