35: True Love {2}

A kiss so true, cherishable and worthy. A kiss that spoke of the true love the Stars had for the Moon in their worship of it. And a kiss that devoted the Sun's true love for the Ocean in all its abundance. It was a single, menaingful kiss that was enough for the both of them to know what what they had, it could never go away. Because, it was true. True love...

As their kiss broke apart, Tony and Steve's eyes connected in an intense lock. Tony could see the swirling emotions in Steve's eyes, the honesty, the need, the desperation, the pain and Tony was dying to know what was wrong with him. What caused him so much pain or maybe, Who? But above all, Steve's eyes were glimmering with an emotion beyond all. A need, a desperation that was finally satisfied.

Steve, on the other hand could see the fear in Tony's eyes. The fear of losing Steve again. Or maybe the fear that Steve would walk out on their kiss this time. It deeply pained Steve that he had left Tony so traumatised but beyond all that, Steve could see the glimpse of light in his eyes, the mirth because of the kiss, the joy and the remembrance.

"I- um- you've a boyfriend!" Tony instantly spoke looking at Steve with shocked eyes backing away from him. Steve jsut smiled at Tony. He was the man who went behind Tony, kissed Bucky, and cheated on Tony so hard yet Tony was flabbergasted to have kissed the same man who did all that to him just because he thought he was someone else's boyfriend and that, Bucky would be upset.
"I don't. I and Bucky broke up" Steve looked at him as Tony looked back with even more shock.
"What? Why?" Tony was shocked. Was this why Steve was upset all this time? Because of him and Bucky?
"He liked someone else..." Steve looked down as Tony eyed him with pain, poor Steve "...and so did I" Steve's eyes again rose up to meet Tony's widened ones.
"What? Who?" Tony asked. Why was he asking all the questions?
"You" Steve stepped ahead, circling Tony in his arms, bringing his forehead to join with his own "It has always been you, Tones. I am so so sorry" Steve spoke out. Tony just looked at him shocked, pained, hurt, upset but Tony couldn't help it, he felt overjoyed.

For some reason, Tony always believed Steve could never really love someone else. And his belief had come to life. His Steve never really did love someone else. But then, why did he leave?

"Why did you leave then?" Tony looked up to meet Steve's eyes that had saddened.
"I guess fate wanted me to feel miserable. Miserable for misjudging my own feelings, playing with your feelings, your heart and moreover, refuting my own hearts desire. I was blinded by the love Bucky showed to me when all i really was, a pawn in his game to eternal success and glory in this world" Steve backed away, tears stinging his eyes. Tony just felt so angry because who can even think of doing something like that to Steve. In that exact moment, Tony could see how vulnerable Steve could be "I'm just worthless, Tony. Worthless. He was right. I lost all my friends due to my foolishness. I caused everythinf that has ever been home to me to leave me. I backstabbed you. I went behind your back, cheated on you. I broke your heart. I am a monster, Tony. Nothing more, nothing less. I deserve to die" Steve's words hit Tony's heart.

Steve was just being honest. For the first time, eversince his high end confrontation with Bucky, this was the first time, he let his walls break down and open up, cry, be vulnerable.

Tony could see how bad Steve's condition was and he felt his heart tearing apart at the sight. No one deserved to be treated like this. Like a pawn, only used when needed. No one deserved to be called worthless when every human being has an equal worth. Human beings, us all, we are monsters really but No one deserved to be pushed to the point where they call themselves a monster. It was heart breaking for Tony to see. Although, he had to be strong, for Steve. For the only love in his life. Tony might have been left alone by Steve, he might have been hurt loads. But Steve. Steve left for love yet, all he recieved was more hate, self hate. Tony had people around him to help him recover. He was never really left alone by Rhodey, Pepper, Natasha, Bruce, Fury and so many. But Steve, he had no one. And the one he thought he had before any one, that man became the main reason for his loneliness.