21: Getting You Back {1}

It's been a whole year since Civil War happened. A whole year since Tony and Steve had last seen each other, heard each other's voice or touched each other. A whole year since they broke anything that ever existed in between them. It's been a whole year.

Pepper was there for Tony throughout this time period. Helped him move on, although only Tony knows how he still hasn't moved on an inch. She now lives with him, in his tower as his girlfriend and Tony, well he's trying to be happier. He's trying to leave it all behind because if Steve Rogers didn't care, why should he?

Steve knows about Tony and Pepper's relationship. He's been equally devastated, heartbroken and shattered the whole year by. The only thing he knows from all their mutual friends is that Tony looks fine, he looks happy. And as much as Steve would want that, he just cannot get over how much he loves Tony. The most. No one could ever love Tony Stark as much as Steve Rogers does.
_________________________________________________________

"Stark" Fury acknowledged Tony's presence in the room full of governers, presidents and high authorities "What do you have for us?"

Tony's been working on ammending the Sokovia Accords since ever. He just wants to get the Accords right, get the Rogue Avengers their status and nationality back, and then, well the plan after that is something Tony's scared about. He wants to quit the Avengers.

"I have it right here in my hands" Tony passed the folder of the Accords over to everyone in the room "The King of Wakanda along with 120 other states have agreed to my preposition of ammending the Accords" Tony grimaced as he held a victorious expression on his face. Fury smirked in his seat. Just when he thought, there was something Tony Stark couldn't do.

"And what are those ammends?" Senator Ross asked perplexed.

"The Rogue Avengers been given their identities back while the Avengers are handed over complete responsibility of the safety of the state. However, in case of any massive casualties, the Avengers should be held accountable and that also in front of the public and by them" Tony looked Ross in the eye as he spoke making the other guy twitch in his place "And there's not a lot that you can do now comsidering I've won majority of the favoritism. My main reason for gathering you all here was to announce the welcome back party of the Rogue Avengers. It'll be in the Avengers Tower and you're all cordially invited. Yours sincerely, Tony Stark" with these final words, Tony flipped his shades back on and walked out of the room.
__________________________________________________________

"Steve! Steve! You won't believe this! Look, who's here?" Wanda shook a sleepy Steve out of his bed and down to the living room of their floor. Thanks to the generous King T'Challa, they had been given refuge in Wakanda.
"I swear to God, Maximoff, if this is another prank being played by you and Clint, I will-" Steve voice was stuck in his throat when he looked at Natasha, Rhodes and Vision standing in front of him.
"Good to see you, Captain" Natasha smiled.
"Likewise, Captain" Vision added.
"Yeah, Captain Rogers, it's always a pleasure" Rhodes gave his input as Steve couldn't contain it. He leapt forward and hugged each of them then parted away confused.

"But, what are you all doing here? And how?" Steve asked only to find his friends hesitating in response.
"Uh, the Accords were amended just how we wanted them to be. And majority of the countries signed it in our favor. Therefore, you guys are allowed back as well" Natasha began.
"But, how is that possible? Who got it done?" With every questions of his, the answer seemed to become clearer and cleared to Steve.
"Tony has been working on it since the past six months and he finally got it done" Rhodey answered this time leaving Steve short of any answer.
"And there is a welcome back party for you all to be officially addressed in the public that you are back so we're here to take you" Vision concluded as Steve just looked away. All the remorse, guilt and pain that he put Tony through coming back.
"And Bucky's allowed back as well" Natasha quickly spoke which made Steve's heart clench even more.