37: A Search for Steve {Crossover}

A/N: This oneshot deals with two ships from different fandoms: Johnlock and Stony. Hence, it's called a crossover.

It was another day in the Avengers compound. Everyone was busy doing their own thing. Bruce was in the biotechnology lab downstairs; Tony was in his own workshop upstairs; Steve and Natasha were training Peter, Sam and Bucky in the gym below; Vision and Wanda were on their own while Clint and Pietro were playing around and lastly, Thor and Loki, who had just came back from Asgard, were watching Telly.

Everything was calm. Tony was quite concentrated on his new tech that he was developing for Stark Industries when a beep averted his attention. He looked up on the hologram to see a message from an unknown, private ID. Tony opened it up to the worst horror of its life. The message said 'Steve Rogers is ours 💀'

Now, any other day Tony would've laughed it off. But just last night, he had a horrifying dream about Steve and just now the message ticked his anxiety off. He had to talk to Steve about this. With that thought in mind, he hurried off to the gym.

Tony always worried for the older lad. They had both grown an inseparable bond towards one another and were more than just best friends. Neither of them ever openly admitted but everyone knew they had feelings for one another. Everyone except the two themselves.

Tony had helped Steve greatly by simply being his friend. He acquainted him with the new world, made him feel belonged. Tony helped him with Bucky. And most importantly, Tony understood Steve's dilemma. Tony also let Bucky in for the sake of Steve. Tony was there for him when he had no one and Steve couldn't be any more grateful.

Where Tony had helped Steve get over his PTSD, Steve had helped been Tony's greatest distraction in his loneliness. He had been there for Tony when he had nightmares or would not be able to sleep or eat properly. He had encouraged Tony whenever Tony felt discouraged by anyone. Steve had been Tony's true friend, someone who stood beside him no matter what and protected him.

As Tony got close to approaching the gym, he bumped into Natasha.
"Hey, Tony. What's the hurry?" Natasha asked scrutinizing at the man's worried face.
"Hey, Nat. Nothing much. I'm looking for Steve" Tony tried sounding as calm as possible.
"Oh. He went out already. We got off early today. I was just wrapping everything up" the very second those words left Natasha's mouth, Tony's face drained off any color.
"What? Where'd he go?" Tony asked baffled.
"He went out for a run, alone. What's wrong, Tony? Why do you look so scared?" Natasha asked, concern taking over her.
"I just recieved this text message from a private ID" Tony showed Natasha the message as her eyes widened "I have to go find Steve" Tony hurriedly spoke as he ran out and away from the compound.

Tony had been out for hours already. He had searched every corner of the compound, of New York, every where. He even asked Jarvis to keep searching but nothing worked. Everyone was looking for Steve but there was no sign of him, not even a single trace. How could've someone done this so easily?

As Natasha approached a still searching Tony tentatively, she found him to be looking around in madness. She quickly ran up to him and held him down.
"Tony, let's get back to the compound. It's getting late. And we've searched everywhere already" Natasha spoke rubbing Tony's arm to easy him down.
"Are u gone crazy, Natasha? Steve is out there and he is alone. He has no one and God knows who has taken him yet you're asking me to get back home? Seriously?" Tony jerked her hand off as he yelled.
"Tony, Jarvis is still searching. Isn't he? And so is S.H.I.E.L.D and every other person that can help us. We need to head back home, clear our heads, regain our energy. That is the only way we can come back and search again now, isn't it?" Natasha explained calmly as Tony huffed out a breath nodding at her. They both walked to the quinjet.
"This is all my fault" Tony spoke in a low voice as Natasha looked at him in confusion "I should've told him about my nightmare first thing in the morning. I don't have nightmares like this but putting two and two together, I've been having this one on repeat. I should've warned him" Tony shook his head as if in despair.
"Tony, none of this is anyone's fault. Especially not yours. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have even guessed Steve's missing. So stop blaming yourself. Lets get back home and think things through and plan something better" Natasha consoled her friend as he nodded gratefully at her.
_______________________________________