11| The Professor Is Mad

Start from the beginning

The dream that I like to think didn't happen doesn't seem to be False memory like my therapist refer to it. It appears to be real memories misplaced in time, in a phenomenon as I searched on it in the college library, this is called confabulation.

***********

After that, the days seemed to be consistent. Every morning I wake up and follow the same routine. I take a shower, dress, brush my teeth, pray, write in my diary, study for exams, attend therapist session, and go for a run. Ever since the therapist told me that I could either change my lifestyle or I would have to take the anti-anxiety medication, I changed my lifestyle. I started eating better and going for a run every morning. Sometimes I would have breakfast, but either way, I'd head off to university after that.

At university, everything returned to normal, and I blended with the wall again after the news of my disappearance became past news. For the most part Professor. Yilmaz had a massive role in making it previous story since he never interacted with me, didn't make it a big deal, quickly adjusted into his lifestyle, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Hence, everyone assumed that I was either faking it or unconscious for twenty-one days somewhere in a different hospital. Although no records were found of me there, the police suspected that my name was written as Jane-doe (anonymous) in various hospitals and closed the case.

Professor. Yilmaz left me freely: he never talked once to me or smiled at my direction after that day, until a therapy session acquainted by the dean that made us face each other again.

Professor. Yilmaz went to the same therapist I did since she was chosen to be our therapist by our dean, Mrs Chamberlin. I later find out that she was her eldest daughter, but Mrs Chamberlin has an estranged relationship with her daughter that is why I never saw her. According to Ayaaz, who searched for the information about her as soon as I started going to my sessions.

**********

Meeting Professor. Yilmaz in the therapist clinic was a total coincidence, or that is what I thought.

It all started when I sat in the clinic waiting my turn, there was no one here except the recipient who left a few minutes ago to photocopy my National ID again.

In the free I got, I started reading the pathology textbook in my hands, I made myself more comfortable in the plush chair as I tried to relax and finish the required material for the exam that is scheduled to be held after a week from today. Professor. Yilmaz's exam.

I was immersed in my reading when somebody took a seat next to me. The first thing that got my attention was the whiff of an expensive spicy, woodsy perfume, which forced me to tear myself from my reading and be mesmerized by a pair of emerald green orbs, staring back at me.

For a moment, Our eyes locked.

I felt my heart stop. "You?" I frowned in disbelief.

"And you." The husky voice said back.

I have never seen anyone so attractive on the outside and so despicable on the inside. I allowed myself to blink as I gaze away from him. My eyes snapped back to the dense book that I still had a dilemma with even after a week of reviewing it.

He was the reasons I have been crying all night long about this dull book that he never botherd to teach. I don't think he even read it to be honest.

"Are you stalking me?" the low  voice broke the silence that momentarily settled between the us. Deep green eyes narrowed at me as I stood from where I sat and was about to leave when he blocked the door with his arms crossed.

"Why would I stalk you, Professor ?!" I asked bitterly. Anticipating that he would tell me what happened between us or what hadn't happen so I could put my mind in ease.

But he didn't...

"You are no better than the 16 other students who did so they could ask me about the questions that would come in the upcoming exam." He asked with modulated tone.

There was over a 100 student in our class, and I am sure the 16 who ran after him was similar to my case as in they didn't afford a private tutor and had to read and understand this book all by themselves which was nearly impossible.

"No, I am doing fine on my own, thank you very much!" I lied before I took my book and moved from where he stands so I could pass and leave him.

I was about to leave when he said, "I helped you before with your grades because Mrs. chamberlain begged me too, but I won't do it again, study hard, or you will fail," He threatened.

I ignore his comments about Mrs. chamberlain and reply, "I don't need your help, I am going to pass on my own, Professor" I wanted to stick my tongue out, but I then remembered that he is my Professor and I wasn't five anymore.

"Whatever you say," He says with a smirk settling on his lips as I look at him one last time before I leave the clinic. 

I knew the exam would be hard from his smirk, but ohh I resented him soo much that I missed my appointment today and not five mintues later, the reception calls.

"Hello," I answered.

"Hi, Ms. Muhammad, you forgot your ID" She began as I check my pruse to find that I had really forgtten it and I have it to the recipient to photocopy and left after Professor arrived.  "and Mrs Romero is ready to meet with you and she is saying it is important to come in NOW," she finishes.

"I am coming, thank you" I reply in a dead tone. I quite my plans on returning to the mansion and defeatedly return to the clinic since I knew Mrs Romero, my therapist is going to kill me if I refuse to finish the session. She could even report me to the dean.

Author Note :

Salam Guys, hope you are enjoying these chapters..

What do you think so far ? Are you lost yet ? If you are don't worry with few more chapters eveything will be explained... What do you think happened ?!   Don't forget to vote and comment.. Byeee 

Next chapter will Inshallah be tomorrow or tonight.