Chapter 21 Censored

First scene is adult and censored. If you would like to read the uncensored one skip to the next chapter.

***

After taking care of the business of the assassins, WanQi Yan hurried over to enquire about the youth’s health. When he saw Wang Bao standing guard in the corridor, he asked in a grave voice; “Why aren’t you inside serving? Is the little Marquis’ injuries serious?”

“Why don’t you listen and tell me?” Wang Bao had already been standing for two shichen and his face was extremely helpless.

WanQi Yan inclined his ear and listened. Immediately his face became bright red. He stood rooted to the spot, not knowing if he could go forward or back. He paused very awkwardly for some time and finally didn’t leave, instead standing guard with Wang Bao outside the door. He listened intently to the moans that belonged to the little Marquis until the sun finally came up and he made his leave.

At liushi, the sound of the Regent’s voice summoning him finally came from inside the palace. Wang Bao hurried to follow orders and entered the Golden Palace.

A pillar was covered with white liquid which had already dried. The throne was an entire mess and all the cushions needed to be changed. In half an hours time it would be time for the Morning Assembly, cold sweat poured down Wang Bao’s head.

Zhao Xuan had a satisfied face. He wrapped up the sleepy and half-unconscious little fox until he was completely covered up and wanted to intended to take him out via a window. Halfway there he turned back and said, “Go and tell Zhao ZongZheng, this Lord will be getting married soon and needs to take two months leave.”

“Get- get married?” Wang Bao was so shocked his tongue almost stopped working. He hurried to ask, “Who is the wangfei?”

“Other than Li’Er, who else would it be?” Without waiting for his words to completely finish, he had already disappeared, leaving a shell-shocked Wang Bao doing panicked circles around the room.

The news that the Regent wanted to marry the Zhong Yi Marquis created huge waves inside the Tian Yuan Country, momentarily suppressing the momentum of the news about the assassins at court. In order to save HeLian MoYuan, the Empress of Da Yong Country, agreed to cede the borderlands of her country to bring the matter to a close. After being beaten, HeLian MoYuan was finally sent back. Because his reputation had been sullied by not performing his duties well, he was later murdered and it was unknown which one of his brothers was responsible.

If Zhao Xuan wanted to marry a male wangfei, then of course Zhao ZongZheng couldn’t be more happy. He pretended to try to dissuade for a while then pretended to helplessly agree without any other choice. He even gave them an imperial marriage order. The lackeys who followed the Regent had thought that eventually he would get rid of the young Emperor and crown himself, however how could they have expected that he would suddenly marry a man. Since he had cut off his chance of having descendants, it made everyone very disappointment and not unexpectedly, some developed traitorous thoughts.

Because of this, everything became a chaos at court. The old ministers who supported the Emperor voiced their opinion that the young Emperor should be allowed to govern. Some people agreed, others disagreed. They argued non-stop.

Thus in these two months, the Regent’s power dissipated quite a lot. Only a few loyalists were left, the others all left him in favor of Zhao ZongZheng. Zhao ZongZheng was overjoyed to death. He began to enact change with big strokes, and aimed his blade squarely at the Regent. Inside and outside he began to make waves and gather up resources and soldiers.

Zhao Xuan wasn’t worried about it at all. He took the little fox around travelling, playing in the mountains and rivers, and only when the honeymoon passed did he return to political affairs. At the same time he took a good look at who the traitors around him were.