Extra 3: "The Fox Demon and the Regent" Chapter 1

When he woke up again, Zhou YunSheng found that he was lying inside a horse drawn carriage. Outside the road was very rugged. When the carriage passed over the gravel, it would shake so much the people inside felt like their bones would be broken.

Zhou YunSheng felt like his entire body was uncomfortable, especially his stomach. It felt as though there was a steel knife lodged there, the pain was indescribable, all the way into his soul. This body clearly had suffered very serious internal damage. Which world was this?

He was just preparing to retrieve the memory of the body when he discovered that his hands were now a pair of snowy white and furry claws. He tried to move his five fingers and the little claws moved around. They looked both very stupid and very cute.

Okay, it was unnecessary to retrieve the memory. He already knew where he was and what race he was. It was quite clear that he was no longer a human but a beast. To be more specific he was a demon beast however this world was not a fantasy cultivation world but rather an ordinary world that had a little bit of magic. {T/N: The Chinese word “yao” which most people translate as “demon” are not the same as western demons. They’re a magical race, usually beasts, which can cultivate to have powers and turn into humans. They can be  good but are mostly portrayed by traditional lore as evil/mischievous/the cause of misfortunes and disasters.}

There were no clans of powerful demons in this world and there definitely weren’t any immortals flying around on their swords. There was only ordinary humans. In his last life, Zhou YunSheng had stayed in this world for several decades and other than the host and the host’s sister, he had never seen a third demon beast. They also didn’t have any particular inborn talent nor special demon cultivating magic, they were the most low level kind of demon without even basic self-protecting abilities. Thus their ending was very tragic.

The original body’s name is Yu Li. He was a completely snowy white fox. He had lived for more than fifty years. While this sounds like a long time, actually for a demon beast he had not even reached adulthood.

His mother died early and his only relative was his sister. Her name was Zi Li. Zi Li had cultivated for more than three hundred years and was already able to change her flesh and bone into a human shape. Her appearance was very beautiful.

Because their cultivation required them to inhale a lot of yang energy, so every so often she would go down the mountain to seduce a few men. She wouldn’t kill them and would only suck out about half of their yang energy before stopping. If they rested for five or six months they could resume living as energetically as before, so she could not be considered an evil demon.

Since she had experienced so many men, logically she should have a heart of steel however unexpectedly she was felled in the hands of a scholar. Yes exactly, the fox demon would always fall for a scholar, this has never changed since the ancient days and even Zi Li was not able to escape this fate.

The scholar’s name was Li WenHan. He was the nephew of the Lord of the Zhen Guo manor in Nai Jing City. From a young age he was not treated well by his father’s wife and so was sent away to the countryside to live.{T/N: He is the son of a concubine.}However Li WenHan was ambitious. He studied hard and came first in the imperial examinations. He was then given an assignment by the Emperor to go to the become a minister in a place not far away from the Imperial City.

When Zi Li met him he was living in harsh and poor circumstances. In order to help him win first place and avoid the assassins sent by his father’s wife, Zi Li had put in all her effort and didn’t hold anything back. Li WenHan also had the intention to make Zi Li his concubine in order to thank her. So when he went to his new assignment he took Zi Li with him and they indeed had some loving days together.