Chapter 3

When Zhou YunSheng woke up he found he was a lying on a bed of gold. All the fur on his body was soft and fragrant. Clearly he had been washed before. He got up and went to the edge of the bed to look. For an animal that wasn’t even half a chi long, the one meter bed was as frightening as a high cliff. Yu Li’s body had been injured not long before and right now he was very weak. He thought for a while but finally did not dare to jump. He opened his mouth and cried “ao-wu-ao-wu”.

“Awake? Why are you howling like a wolf?” Zhao Xuan was approving imperial reports in the adjoining room. When he heard the noise he immediately came in and picked him up. He also lovingly rubbed the fox’s wet little nose.

Zhou YunSheng went along with it and sucked on his fingertip. Then he clutched his clothes and burrowed into them in a familiar manner. Zhao Xuan grinned then tucked him in tightly before walking out.

“When I washed you before I found out that you’re far too weak. Underneath your fur you’re pretty much just a skeleton. It looks like that woman OuYang MingYue hasn’t treated you well.” An angry aura emanated from his words. However he was scared of scaring the little creature so he immediately made himself gentle again.

“Just now when you were sleeping soundly, I had the Imperial Doctor come take a look at you. He said you have internal injuries and need to rest quietly. You need to listen obediently. In the future, other than my arms, you’re not allowed to go anywhere. Even if you want to play, you can only play within my sight. Don’t run around. Outside the world isn’t that peaceful and your fur is also too valuable. If you leave me, I’m scared someone will sell you.” He spoke carefully and sincerely. Even if he thought the little fox didn’t understand he didn’t care.

Zhou YunSheng’s heart was touched. He replied “Wu-wu.”

“Be good.” Zhao Xuan smiled. He lifted the little fox’s soft paw and kissed it a few times. Then he added, “The Imperial Doctor has left a tonic however I’m scared you won’t want to drink it so I changed it to a pill. In the future you can’t be picky about your food. It’s best if you can get a bit fatter.”

Zhou YunSheng snuggled up and bit his lover’s lip. His amber eyes sparkled. Zhao Xuan opened his mouth and licked his pink little tongue and carefully tasted its flavor. He then stared into the little fox’s beautiful eyes and thought it was incredibly mesmerizing. It took quite some time before he was able to remember that he still had a stack of imperial reports on the table. Frowning he picked them up again to approve.

A group of attendants stood in the corner with their eyes downcast. However in their hearts they were exclaiming: How is this raising a pet ah, it’s clearly raising a son. No no no, even raising a son you wouldn’t put so much care. It’s really spoiling him to the sky. It’s almost like raising a little lover.

Zhou YunSheng was looked until he felt very satisfied. He thought, even if I change into a beast, Zhao Xuan would still love me to death. However just as he thought this, his body froze. He had suddenly remembered Zhao Xuan’s identity.

Actually he should have long guessed that since the Regent’s name was Zhao Xuan, then there was an 80-90% chance that he was his lover’s host. However this body was not simple. Not only was it the real ruler of the Tian Yuan Empire, but he was also another one of OuYang MingYue’s biggest golden fingers. During the Hundred Flower Festival, he originally should have fallen in love at first sight with OuYang MingYue and picked the only peony in the garden for her. This way everyone know that he was deeply in love with the first daughter of the OuYang family.

However OuYang MingYue didn’t want to marry into the Regent’s Manor to share one man with a bunch of concubines. Rather she preferred the more easily controllable Li WenHan. After she returned home she got engaged with Li WenHan and made the Lord Regent furious. He was extremely lofty and powerful and he had never been rejected by anyone before. However the more he cared about OuYang MingYue, the more ruthless he became in suppressing Li WenHan. In the end Li WenHan had no choice but to give up this messy engagement. After he broke his engagement with OuYang MingYue, the Regent’s people came to the door to propose and forced her to agree.