Chapter 4

At the same time Zhao Xuan was holding the little fox and strolling among the crowds at the flower and bird market.

Although he was wearing an ordinary black changpao however his incomparably handsome face and imposing aura still made people shy out of his way. There were also a few armed guards following him not too closely and not too far away, which made him further look out of the ordinary.

He was in a crowd of people however the place beside him was empty. No one dared to press close to him. This was just the effect he wanted. If he was by himself then it didn’t matter but he didn’t want the fox in his arms to get squashed. If he even lost a single hair then Zhao Xuan’s heart would ache for at least half a day.

Zhou YunSheng comfortably lay inside against his lover’s breast, inside his clothing. He only exposed a head and a pair of paws. He looked at the birdcages hanging above his head and heard the cries of the birds fluttering back and forth. He felt as though his entire body was itchy, especially his claws. He only wanted to go and eat them up with one gulp. After he controlled himself for at least 15 minutes, after Zhao Xuan once again passed a birdcage, he finally reached the end of the tether and made an “ao-wu” sound and leaned over.

The little fox was inside his clothing and his little head turned towards a birdcage that was passing by. His large eyes were filled with yearning and his entire appearance was unbelievably cute. It made Zhao Xuan almost laugh out loud.

In a playful motion, he walked towards the area where more birdcages were clustered. He saw that the little fox couldn’t help scrambling towards them then laughed out loud before bringing him back and lightly slapping his bottom.

“Do you want them? If you want then kiss me once. I’ll buy all the birds in the capital so you can have all the fun you want.” He whispered this next to the little fox’s ear.

Pervert! You would even try to seduce a little animal!

Zhou YunSheng covered his head with his large fluffy tail, pretending he hadn’t understood.

A flash of disappointment flashed in Zhao Xuan’s eyes but he quickly recovered. He kissed the little fox’s furry head and waved at Wang Bao. “Go and buy all the birds this vendor has.”

Wang Bao immediately obeyed. He went into the shop to speak to the vendor and heard that all these birds were extremely precious. The price was over 10,000 taels. As he pulled out his money he thought to himself: The Lord Regent is really unreliable. He’s completely turned into a despot!

The vendor who was jumping up and down for joy to have the fortune of meeting the Regent also wanted to throw in some bird feed however it was all rejected by Wang Bao.

What bird feed? As soon as they go back they’ll go into the little fox’s stomach. It’s better if you send some seasoning.

“My Lord, it’s all done. When we go back little master can play to his heart’s content.” As soon as he left the shop, Wang Bao’s look of inner injury immediately changed into a charming smile.

Zhao Xuan lowered his head to agree. He saw that the little fox who was hiding his face in his large tail didn’t move however his ears twitched slightly as though he understood the conversation between the two. His heart felt happier. He had heard that foxes were very intelligent and it seemed to be true. He smiled and kept holding the little thing to stroll around. When he passed a jewellery shop his footsteps paused then turned to go inside.

“This humble peasant greets the Lord Regent. May his Lordship live for a thousand years.” This “Treasure Pavilion” was somewhere that all the wealthy people in the capital like to visit so the owner naturally knew the high and mighty Regent. He immediately ran over to greet him. Then he got up and pointed at dazzling array of shelves. “His Lordship can take a look. These are all new arrivals. If you like anything you can take it.”