40. His possessiveness

Mulai dari awal

Whole day I and Siddharth played hide and seek. When he go left I go right. He also didn't bother me whole day.

It's already 7.00 PM. Only few members are left in office. I always go house late. Yes that was a house to me not a home. It felt alone there may be just because my heart feel alone all the time. So to run from this I drawn myself in my work and worked until I don't have enough energy to do work. I look at Siddhartha's cabin. He also didn't leave from office.

*******

"Are you planning to spend whole night in office." I looked up from my computer.

Siddharth is standing in front of my desk. His jacket is in his hand, his shirt is slightly untucked from his trousers. His sleeve is rolled up to his elbow and tie is loosely hung on his neck indicating that he is tired and ready to leave the office but look more handsome in his boyish look.

I immediately stood up from my seat and look at the time on wall clock in front of my desk. It's already 8.30 p.m

My eyes fell on his wrist watch. It's not one of the expensive watch which Mr. Mathew used to wear. It's a simple one, not much expensive. Why is he still wearing a watch which I gifted him. Is it really means to him.

He pull down his sleeves when he noticed I was watching his watch.

I started putting things in my handbag. After putting my lunch box and phone in my handbag, I started walking towards the elevator.

I and Siddharth get in the elevator, none of us spoke single word. We stood there silently, having our silent battle between our minds and heart. We both stealing our gaze from each other in between.

When elevator stop at the ground floor and started walking towards the road.

"Where are you going? Come with me I'll drop you." He stopped me by holding my wrist.

"No thank you. I'll take bus." I said try to free my hand.

"Are you kidding me? It's not safe going alone at this time." He said while greeted his teeth.

"I went home daily like this." I said looking at him.

His expression changed into soft one.

"Preeti...please don't be stubborn. You can pour your all anger on me. I will not say a word but please come with me. Please let me drop you home safely." He said softly. His eyes pleading me to come with him but I don't want to come near him because whenever I close to him it's hard to ignore him.

"Please let me go. I beg you. Don't let me come close to you." I whispered. He looking at me dumbly. I saw mixture hurt and guilt in his eyes. He let go of my hand and I ran from there.

I took out my water bottle from my handbag and drink it whole in one gulp to control my tears. I don't want anyone to see my tears.

I reached home at 9.30 PM. When I reached my apartment building I saw a black Lamborghini car was parked just outside of my building which is very similar to Siddharth's car. I wonder whose that car is because I live in a very Middle class area of Delhi. It's not a posh area of the city.

I started walking inside the building but suddenly I felt Someone's gaze on me. I turned back but didn't see anyone. My eyes fall in the black Lamborghini and it's still parked on its place. I turned again and walked into a building.
........................................................................

"Hello...hello..beautiful...how are you?" Kartik asked me standing opposite to my desk.

I smiled and asked him, "I'm fine. You tell how's your trip?"

"Don't ask. I was bored to death without you. You know that how much I missed you." He said with a pout.

Kartik is one of my colleague. His nature is very bubbly and known as the big flirt in the office. He always do flirt with me. I didn't say anything until it's not fun. I felt uncomfortable when Sometimes he try to crack the double meaning jokes but I step back and don't encourage him further. I shrugged it off because this is the metro city and everyone here is open minded. Not everyone here is from small town like me.

"You are not going to change, are you?" I asked him.

"No, never..I changed only one condition?" He said.

"What..?" I asked him.

"Let's go to a romantic date with me. " he said while putting his hand on mine.

I look at our hand and feel little uncomfortable when he rubbed his thumb at the back of my palm and squeezed it slightly. Other than Siddharth, I never allowed to any male to touch my hand or hold it.

I pull back my hand under his and said, " no.."

"Very straightforward answer. You are such a heartbreaker." He said with a pout.

"Aaahmmmm...aaahhhmmm..."

I opened my mouth to say something when I heard someone's throat clearing sound.

Siddharth was standing beside kartik and shooting drager towards him. If looking someone with death glare, can kill a person, kartik is dead till now.

"Preeti I want a file which I gave you yesterday." He said looking kartik angrily and kartik look at him with confusion.

I took out a file from drawer and gave it to him.
........................................................................

I felt a bit thirsty but I don't want to drink water. I want to drink soda so I make my way to the vending machine of soda. I took out a soda can from vending machine, when suddenly I felt a body warmth just behind me. I have Goosebumps all over my body and felt a sensation passing through from my neck to whole body. My heartbeats increase and I know who is standing just behind me. I can recognized his warmth even in my sleep because he is the only one who gave this kind of sensation to my body. I move little to gave him a side.

"Hey..beautiful..what are you drinking give me that." Kartik joined us and take soda from me and drink it. I felt little uncomfortable in front of Siddharth, I don't know what he is thinking right now.

"Come, today have lunch with me." Kartik said while holding my shoulder and rub his palm there.

I felt uncomfortable with his touch. I don't know but sometime kartik behaves very weird. It's just not the healthy flirting. It's more than that, that's why I make my distance to him. But he found his way to talk to me. May be he is like this with everyone. I don't want ruin anything just because of my overthinking. I can sense Siddharth heated gaze on us.

"No, thank you some other time."I said while taking his hand off from my shoulder.

"Okey..beautiful. But next time I will not leave you and have you by myself." Kartik said the last part in whisper but I heard it. I don't know but I can sense that the double meaning behind the sentence.

"Fuck.. " Siddharth hit his fist hardly on a vending machine and I jumped on my place. After taking the soda can he left from there furiously.

Siddharth didn't come out from his whole day. Neither he came outside nor he call me. Whole day he ignored me and gave me a cold shoulder.

He also didn't eat his lunch. When I asked him for a lunch he said he is not hungry. I felt bad that he didn't eat his lunch so I also skipped my lunch. I don't know why suddenly he is behaving like this. It's nothing like that he is in love with me.

I need some papers copy for meeting so I make my way to the photocopy room.

After taking out copy of every paper I put them in a conference room and make my way to my desk but someone hold my hand and pulled me into a dark room and put hand on my mouth to suppress my scream.